35.

As you and Miyeon sit together, sharing coffee and refreshments, the air between you is thick with the aftermath of an intense emotional exchange. Despite the gravity of the conversation, you feel a strong pull to offer support. "Miyeon-ssi, you can stay with me until you feel comfortable moving on by yourself. It could be 2 weeks or 2 years, I don't mind," you propose, hoping to provide her with a sense of safety and stability.

However, Miyeon's response is immediate and firm. "No," she says, shaking her head while continuing to eat. "I can never risk you being dragged into my mess." Her refusal is rooted in a deep concern for your safety, a worry that your involvement could entangle you in the dangerous web that she's been trying to escape. "You don't know the things I know, and it's better that way," she adds, her gaze laden with worry, underscoring the seriousness of her situation.

Despite her resistance, your resolve only strengthens. "I can't let you live at a hotel on your own like this. You're coming home with me. It's not a choice," you insist, watching her carefully, your determination to help her unwavering.

Miyeon's reluctance is palpable as she tries to make you understand the gravity of her fears. "I can't, Y/N. You have to understand." She then reveals more about the perilous situations others connected to Jungkook have faced, painting a chilling picture of the threats that loom over those close to him. The incidents involving HoSeok's fiancée, Namjoon's sister, and the potential danger to Jin's sister highlight a pattern of targeted attacks, raising alarms about the safety of anyone associated with Jungkook and his circle.

Her revelation that there might be a mole within their group, leaking information to their adversaries, adds another layer of complexity and danger to the situation. "All of them think there's someone in the group who is leaking information about their close ones but haven't found him yet," she explains, highlighting the precariousness of their circumstances.

Miyeon's account makes it clear why she's hesitant to accept your offer. The fear that your proximity to her could make you a target is a burden she's unwilling to impose on you.

"A mole? Who and why could someone be doing that?" Your question hangs in the air, charged with curiosity and concern. Miyeon's reaction is subtle yet telling; her eyes dart away, not blatantly, but enough to suggest she might know more than she's letting on. It's a fleeting moment, but it speaks volumes, hinting at layers of complexity and secrets that run deep within the dangerous world she's entangled in.

"I...don't know, but I just know that I can't put you back from where you escaped—" Her attempt to steer the conversation away and protect you is abruptly interrupted by the sound of her phone ringing. The sudden break in the conversation leaves her sentence hanging, unfinished, adding to the air of mystery and urgency that surrounds her.

"I keep getting these calls from different numbers but I know it's just my husband trying to find me" She speaks with her low eyes, studying the phone screen.

This reminds you of the times you were getting calls from that one guy who had threatened you not to be around Jungkook. Relating the feelings with her, you again suggest to Miyeon that she should stay with you. All you want is for her to be safe. But she's really worried about dragging you back into a mess you've been trying to get away from. She explains that she has to keep moving, changing where she stays to stay safe. It's a lot for her, and she doesn't want to make it your problem too. You let her know that your door is always open, no matter what.

It was decided for her to join the work starting next Monday. She couldn't wait to join you at the work and you both had something to look forward to the upcoming week.

That night, you try to catch up on some work for the café and finish up some school assignments. It's tough to concentrate after all you've learned today. Your mind keeps drifting back to Jungkook, especially after realizing there was so much going on with him that you never knew about. You feel really bad about the things you said to him when you left. It was all so complicated, and now, knowing what you know, you can't help but wish things had gone differently.