24.

***

"You look gorgeous" Taehyung walks up from behind you while you were glancing around at the people in the huge celebration hall.

"Thank you. You look decent in that navy blue and white suit too" you playfully downplay the compliment.

"I tried" he smirks and starts looking around too.

"So, what is this dinner about?" You ask.

"This is more like a business gala. We arrange this year to maintain our professional and positive image as businessmen" "It is a way to conceal our other identities as one of the most powerful people in South Korea" he answers, still looking around.

"So you guys actually have a business that you do other than just being the top most mafia of Korea?"

"Of course!" "We own the top companies in construction, textiles, media, tech and so much more"

"And if I am not wrong, just under the names of these companies you turn your black money into white?" You speak with your eyebrow raised.

He scoffs before answering. "You got it"

With a cheeky smile on your face, you match your eyes with him. Just a second later, you watch his eyes shift from yours to someone behind you. As soon as his eyes shift, the smile on his face disappears and nervousness sneaks up on him.

That makes you look behind you at whatever Taehyung was looking at. You watch a couple walking towards you, matching their eyes with Taehyung.

Why would be Taehyung, such a powerful and confident guy, be nervous in front of these two?

"Taehyung-ssi" The man forwards his hand towards Taehyung.

"Seongjae-ssi, how are you" Taehyung immediately shakes his hand, still looking a little nervous.

"I'm doing great, how are you"

"Good" he talks to the man but his gaze keeps shifting to the lady with him. You also notice his eyes quiver.

"Annyeong, Taehyung......." "Taehyung-ssi" the lady is unable to maintain eye contact with Taehyung after bowing to him.

You sense tension in the air but couldn't really tell whatever was happening.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Hwang" Taehyung bows back but listening to Taehyung being so formal with the greetings, the lady's expressions worsen for a second as her jaw trembles.

"And this beautiful lady is....?" The man looks at you up and down while expecting Taehyung to introduce you.

"Oh, she is my friend Ahn Y/N" "Y/N this Mr. Hwang Seongjae. He is one of our top vendors in the textile industry and our good friend too" Taehyung introduces you two.

"Nice you meet you miss Ahn" he puts his palm out to seek your hand.

"Nice to meet you to too, Mr. Hwang" you softly slide your hand in his hand letting him leave a peck on the back of your hand, respectfully.

As he does that, he holds your hand near his lips still and stares at you for a long second. You swear to yourself that you watched him glance down your dress quickly.

"Your hand is very soft, Miss. Ahn" saying that he smirks and the moment he does that, goosebumps rise up your skin, giving you the cold shivers. You immediately snatch your hand from his and give him a smile, uncomfortably. As a lady, you can never go wrong sensing them foul energies.

"It's a nice party, Taehyung. We will stick around" Mr. Hwang takes his wife and starts leaving, still looking at you up and down one more time with a weird smile on his face. "See you around, Miss, Ahn"