51.

Jungkook removes his mask fully, taking a deep breath to compose himself. He raises his hand to show the imprint of your teeth, a silent accusation of the desperation of the moment. You roll your eyes, impatient and on edge.

"What are you doing here?" you demand, keeping your gun trained on him, though slightly lowered now due to your recognition.

"I should ask you that," he replies, his eyes flashing with a mixture of frustration and concern. "How'd you know this place?"

"Oh please, if you can find this place, I can find it in my sleep. Easy peasy!" He scoffs.

You roll your eyes again, hearing him speak. Turning back, you fix him with a hard stare, demanding the truth silently. He catches on and rolls his eyes in response.

"When you left with BoHyun, I found this," he says, pulling out a diamond ring that you instantly recognize as Hyeyeon's. "So she really was here?" you ask, taking the ring from his hand.

"Yes, and that's why I had to check on her last night's whereabouts. While I was at it, I looked into yours as well. Both your phones were tracked to this location last night before yours went off. It only came back on this morning. Hyeyeon's phone, however, has been on the whole time and pinned here, so I had to come check. But here you are, showing up by yourself" he then leans towards you, his daunting eyes matching yours.

"We're definitely going to have a serious talk about that," he says, his tone firm.

Before you can respond, both of you freeze at the sound of a voice approaching.

"You guys go ahead, I need to take a quick pee," calls out someone from the hallway.

In an instant, Jungkook's hands are on you again. He pulls you close, covering your mouth with one hand, pressing you both chest to chest to conceal your presence behind the shower curtain. This time, you don't resist; the proximity is a necessity as the footsteps grow nearer.

Hidden together in the cramped space, your heart races with the adrenaline of the situation and the unexpected closeness to Jungkook.

As the man enters, Jungkook presses you gently against the wall, a position more comfortable, his arm holding you securely. Positioned so closely, his face just above yours, you find yourself caught up in the moment, inhaling the familiar scent of him. Although his attention is fixed on the man outside the shower curtain, you can't help but study his features.

Amidst the tension of your hiding spot, thoughts swirl through your mind. You think how you might have just ended your relationship for this man right here. As these thoughts unfold, Jungkook catches your gaze, his expression changing slightly as he tries to read the emotions in your eyes with your faces so close.

The tension escalates rapidly when your grip loosens, and the gun slips from your hand, clattering loudly against the bathtub. Both your eyes and Jungkook's snap wide open as the noise abruptly stops the man's activity outside. Jungkook's frustration is palpable; he presses his eyes shut briefly and clenches his jaw in a silent curse.

"Who's there?" the man steps back. "Show yourself!" he demands gruffly, the sound of a gun being loaded chillingly clear in the small space.

Jungkook mutters a soft "Fuck" under his breath, realizing the gravity of the situation. He swiftly moves into action, straightening up into a defensive stance. With practiced ease, he pulls out his own gun, equipped with a silencer, ready to confront.

He turns to you, urgency etched on his face, and gestures sharply for you to face the wall. It's a clear signal that he doesn't want you to witness what might happen next—a protective move, both to shield you from the violence and to keep you out of the line of fire. As you comply, turning to press your face against the cold wall, the reality of your situation sets in, heightened by the sound of footsteps approaching the bathtub.