04.

___

How did your life suddenly flip from you being a regular university student who works part time jobs like a normal student, has her dreams and goals to fulfill to someone who accidentally witnessed a cold blooded murder, got shot just over a night and now has been abducted?

Smelling a sweet yet refreshing scent, you slowly open your eyes, still blurry and adjusting to see in the darkness. You turn your head around trying to grasp the situation and condition you were in. Your hand takes grasp of white cotton sheets beneath you that you were asleep on. You then come to your senses and realize that you are at someone's house. Sitting up slowly, you hold onto your torso, calming the same sting which had surprisingly gotten less painful.

You look beside you, on the other side of the bed and realize that it's a loft bed and there's a small staircase attached to it to travel down to the living room of the studio apartment. You take a look at yourself and notice yourself being changed into a grey oversized button up shirt.

Who took the clothes off you and got you changed?

You unbutton the shirt halfway to check your wound. You were only wearing your undergarments inside the extra large piece of cloth. Your eyes widened at your perfectly dressed up cut which seemed as if a professional did it. The swelling had started minimizing but bruising looked the same. Buttoning up the shirt back, leaving the upper 3 buttons as it is, you slowly slide down the bed and hold the reeling of the staircase.

Your eyes start to roam around at the well organized and clean apartment. It wasn't large but it wasn't too small either. Just the type of apartment you thought you would move into. The dim lights made the space more soothing and relaxing.

Where are you? Who brought you here? What happened to you? What time is it? How late is it?

All you remember is running away from the men chasing you, being pulled into an alley and then passing out.

While you slowly climb off the staircase, you take a look around trying to understand the personality of the person who lives here. A lot of tools, pictures of different people on the wall, maps, threads tying around different locations on the maps, papers, unwashed laundry and men's stuff was lying around. Still managing not to make the house messy.

Just then your eyes notice an emptied bag of O+ blood, a suture kit, blood soaked towels and your clothes on the table nearby. You turn your hand around and see a bandaid on the back of your palm.

Someone ran up some blood up your veins, compensating the body for the loss of blood you had over these days. You felt a bit weak but not as much as you did this evening or the evening you got shot. While a lot of things confuse you, you spot a clock which reads 1:15 am. Instantly, the thought of you not being home and your family freaking out noticing your absence strikes you.

Your eyes and hands immediately start looking for a phone under the stuff there but then you slow down thinking of what you were going to say to them. You have been kidnapped and there's no way of concealing that fact. Now you have to tell them everything and take the help of the police. Not being able to find a phone, your head snaps at the door which unlocks making the jingle noise.

Hearing that, you immediately start to rush to the bed you were laid onto. Almost reaching the staircase, a stabbing pain travels down your torso and you almost collapse on the ground. Holding the rim for your support you wince loudly not being able to control the pain this time.

"Yah!"

You feel someone immediately taking hold of you by your arms before you could collapse. Your hand which was holding the rim now grabs the fabric worn by the person. You groan out of pain, continuing to tighten your grasp around the person.