06.

__

You now feel more comfortable with your properly and perfectly dressed wound. It lets you maneuver more easily and painlessly. Yet, you still have to be careful with your movements. Deciding to cook some instant noodles and seasoned eggs and brussel sprouts at almost 3 in the morning, you get to the preparations quickly. While you took your time to cook everything, you noticed the sudden silence in the house. 

Is he asleep? 

Thinking that, you look behind, trying to peek at the couch but the other furniture was blocking your view. You leave the noodles on the stove to cook and head towards the living room to check on what Jungkook is doing for no reason at all.

Heading there, you find Jungkook passed out on the couch with his hand falling out. Your guard lowers and eyes soften looking at him fast asleep. You walk towards him, slowly and carefully grab his hand which was falling out and keep it on his stomach with the other one. You were about to leave him alone but something about him caught your eye and you stood there gazing at his face.

When he is asleep, the absence of the constant arrogance, sternness, heartlessness and the chill sending death stare on his face makes you think about the kind of person he must be behind this thick and unbreakable layer of guard he wears.

You watch hishair slightly jump in the air with the breeze sneaking in from the open window and then bouncing back on his face. You watch his chest puff up and down as he takes calm breaths. You smiled at the innocence present on his face and soon sat down on the table right in front of the couch.

Who are you, Jungkook? Who are you from the inside? What are your dreams? What do you like? What do you dislike? What is your favorite ice cream flavour? What is your favorite season? Do you read books? Do you listen to music? Do you love hugs? Which is your favorite movie? What do you like? The brightness in the day which exposes every beautiful thing around us or the dark sky at night which reveals the mesmerizing shining stars. Did you cry when Jack died in titanic? Did you even cry when you were born or did you just come out with the same arrogant and annoyed expression on your face? Have you ever fallen in love? Have you ever walked with someone hand in hand under the dark sky? Have you ever felt happy just watching someone else be happy? Have you ever lived for yourself before? How are you behind this mask, Jungkook? 

Thinking of millions of such questions, you look down at his hand and softly hold it in yours. Your gaze runs around his tattooed arm before your thumb starts tracing his knuckles over the inked alphabets on his skin with a feathery touch. 

"Thank you for saving my life" you almost whisper looking at him with a small smile.

You could easily sit there for an hour more, just admiring this version of Jungkook but the thought of food being on the stove hits you. You let go of his hand and walk to the kitchen counter. Turning off the induction stove, you check on the brussel sprouts in the oven. Them having a few more minutes to cook, you think of getting changed as you could see the shirt slightly ruined with your blood from earlier.

Stepping up the stairs, you reach out to his closet. Knowing it's not ethical going through someone else's closet you let off your manners knowing the situation. You were anyway just getting some clothes. 

After opening the wardrobe, you look around for something that would fit you. You surprisingly find a pair of ladies shorts and even a top somewhere in a corner of the messy closet. You roll your eyes knowing it's one of Jungkook's girlfriends/ex-girlfriends clothing. There's no way you are wearing them. After avoiding looking at his black and whites pair of boxers, your eyes land on a torn carton in another corner of the closet.