38.

As Jungkook departs with Raeyeon, leaving a void where he once stood, you find yourself grappling with a mix of emotions. A scoff, born out of self-pity and disbelief at the turn of events, escapes you as you lean against the hallway wall and gradually slide down to a seated position on the floor. The hall empties around you, the echoes of departure of the other people resonating in the now quieter space, mirroring the emptiness you feel inside. Exhausted and overwhelmed, you're joined by Miyeon, who settles beside you with a casualness that belies the tension of the moment.

"I didn't think he would leave like that," Miyeon breaks the silence, her thoughts on Jungkook's unexpected exit. You find yourself unable to respond, the chaos of your thoughts drowning out her words.

"I am not ready to know what's going on outside between Tae and Seongjae-ssi," she continues, voicing a concern more to herself than to you. Her next words reveal a deeper worry, one that hints at the complexity of her situation. "He wouldn't get rid of Seongjae before having him sign the divorce papers, will he? I don't want to be a widow," she muses, pondering the possible outcomes of Taehyung's confrontation with Seongjae.

Her words, so earnest and laden with personal stakes, strike a chord within you, and an unexpected chuckle breaks from your lips. "It's funny that you thought. The priorities you've got," you comment, finding humor in the absurdity of worrying about legalities and titles in the midst of such chaos.

At first, Miyeon seems confused by your reaction, having spoken from a place of genuine concern. But as the irony of the situation dawns on her, she joins you in laughter. There, seated side by side on the hallway floor, you both find a moment of levity amid the storm, laughing together at the absurdity and complexity of your predicaments.

In this shared space of humor and understanding, you and Miyeon find a brief respite from the weight of the night's revelations and the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Despite the laughter, the reality of your situations lingers—a reminder of the challenges you both face, yet also a testament to the resilience and bond you've forged in navigating them together.

As you call out to a catering staff member watching his pass by you two, you notice him carrying the leftover beer bottle and request him four bottles of beer from the tray he's carrying back. His response to your and Miyeon's unconventional seating arrangement in the hallway is a mix of amusement and bewilderment. "Sure," he complies not caring much, passing over the drinks with an expression that clearly says he's not quite sure what to make of the situation.

"Did you see his face?" Miyeon can't help but giggle as you manage to open the bottles with your teeth, a skill that adds another layer of amusement to the moment. "Can't blame him," you concede, both aware of how odd the scene must look. "Cheers," you raise your bottle, finding an odd comfort in this shared moment of levity amidst the chaos.

The beer seems to cast the evening's events in a slightly less grim light. "I just learned a billion disturbing things tonight, and your husband might be getting slayed out there somewhere," you remark, the absurdity of finding solace in this simple act of drinking together not lost on you. "This is somehow the best part of the night," you add, a sentiment Miyeon readily agrees with.

"Indeed. I hope Tae tortures him before he kills him," she muses before taking a sip, a dark wish that somehow feels justified under the circumstances. "He probably will," you agree, the grim realities of the night making such thoughts seem almost rational.

"So, are you and Tae going to be together or what?" you venture, curious about the future of Miyeon and Taehyung's relationship. "Eventually......he is probably going to be mad at me for hiding all of that from him for so long, but I'll handle it in my ways," she responds with a shrug, a plan forming even in the midst of uncertainty.