52.

As minutes tick by since Jungkook disappeared into the building, your anxiety mounts, each heartbeat echoing the uncertainty of the situation inside. Suddenly, your attention snaps to the front of the building as several cars pull up. You watch in frustration as men swiftly escort no one but the two Hwang brothers, Yeobin and Seongjae inside. Realization dawns on you—it was those two orchestrating this ordeal all along. Seeing them only tightens the knot of worry in your stomach.

As security around the building intensifies, you know you can't just remain passive in the car, waiting for things to resolve themselves. Jungkook, in his rush to protect you, overlooked one detail: the car windows could still be manually opened from the inside.

Quickly and quietly, you pop one of the windows open and carefully slip out, ensuring not to draw any attention to yourself. You check that your gun is securely tucked at your back, ready for whatever might come next. With a deep breath to steady your nerves, you start making your way toward the building, determined to help Jungkook and confront whatever lies ahead.

.

.

.

"Yah! Hwang Seongjae!" you shout boldly as you step in front of the building, interrupting their crucial discussion. Your voice rings out, clear and challenging.

"Oh, look who it is," Seongjae responds with a taunting tone, a smirk forming at the corner of his lips as he sees you. His amusement is evident; he thinks you've walked straight into a trap. His men turn towards you, ready to act on Seongjae's command.

Yeobin, standing slightly apart, looks on with a frown, clearly puzzled by your risky decision to confront them head-on.

"You just went after my friend like a wuss. Why don't you take up the fight with me like a real man? Oh wait, that's right. You aren't even a man; you're just a stalker. A dog who can only bark and never bite," you taunt Seongjae, hoping to provoke him and distract his attention from capturing you immediately.

Your words are sharp, designed to incite and destabilize, as you stand defiantly, ready for whatever may come next.

Your bold confrontation isn't just about being brave; it's a calculated move to distract Seongjae and his men from whatever Jungkook is handling upstairs. By drawing their attention to yourself, you're buying crucial time for Jungkook to carry out whatever part of the plan he's executing, possibly rescuing Hyeyeon or securing a way out.

As you stand there, facing Seongjae and his gang, your heart races with adrenaline. Despite the danger, a part of you feels empowered, relying on the old saying, 'fake it till you make it'. You steel yourself, projecting confidence. Each second you keep them focused on you is another second Jungkook has to maneuver without interference.

"For someone who's walked right into the lion's den, you're talking too much, don't you think?" Seongjae taunts, leaning casually on the railing of the staircase he's standing on, trying to assert his control over the situation.

"Not really, all I know is that you're going to leave here in the back of my car's trunk, back to where you escaped from," you retort, shrugging nonchalantly as you exude confidence, aiming to rattle him further and maintain your psychological edge.

Seongjae, however, doesn't lose his cool. He smirks, seemingly amused by your defiance, and then turns to his men. "Hey you!" he barks, signaling one of his subordinates. "Bring her over here," he orders, confident in his control over the situation.

As his man approaches you, you realize the stakes are getting higher. As the man begins to approach, you start backing away slowly, eyes locked on his movements, calculating your next step.