Part one

Sophia

"Bella, you need to wake up breakfast is ready," I heard my fathers voice slowly bring me out of my slumber, "or i'll carry you down those damm stairs."

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched my body, the duvet sliding off me slightly. I closed my eyes for a second before I felt someone grabbing me.

I opened my eyes quickly to see my father carrying me, as he said, out of my room and down the stairs. Once we got into the dining room my father plopped me down gently onto the chair, before sitting at the head of the table himself.

My mum was sat in front me me, dad next to us and my three older brothers spread out near my mother and I. All dressed in suits as always.

"Bongiorno tesoro, what did you do for you father to carry you down the stairs? Are you that lazy?!" My mother exclaimed making me and my father laugh.

"He wouldn't wait two minutes for me to get my ass up for breakfast," I laughed as my brothers all rolled their eyes.

"Language!" My mother and father both shouted at me.

"What one I speak two?" I asked placing a finger on my chin. My dad stood up from his chair and I did the same.

"That's it little girl," he tried not to smile as he chased after me.

I got so lucky to have such a great dad, especially in the mafia world. Fathers wouldn't give a thought about their daughters until they were sold to the highest bidder in marriage. I kinda knew I was going to get married to someone my father chose for me but hopefully that won't be for a while because I love staying here with my family.

I turned nineteen about three months ago. My brother Michele was twenty, Xavier was twenty one and finally that leaves Dante, he's twenty two. It's hard to believe there's only one year between us all but I guess my parents didn't waste anytime. Ew.

My parents was an arranged marriage but they really do love each other with everything they have. My mum was very stubborn at first, my dad said that he charmed her enough to make her fall head over hills in love.

As I ran around the table I shouted for my brothers to help me. They all quickly got up and shielded me with their tall six foot something, muscular bodies.

"Out of my way boys," my dad huffed as he was out of breath. This was the only time he got to be himself and allowed to joke about with us. I peaked round my brothers and I saw my mum laughing and taking pictures of us. Dante stepped forward, play fighting with dad. Obviously they was going easy on each other because they could do some damage if they weren't.

My dad had Dante in a headlock and then Xavier went to save him. Another round of fighting my dad had both of them captured and that left me and Michele. We looked at one another and ran. We all were such children when we was together but all of us could take an army if we had to.

My parents ensured we had the best training since we were the age of five. Adriano was my personal trainer and bodyguard and he was my best friend. Despite being in his late thirty's he was still hench and could do a lot of damage. I had five personal bodyguards because I was a mafia princess and everyone wants one, to put it simply.

I hate being a girl in this world but I'm my fathers favourite child. As much as my mum loves me I know she favours the boys over me, which is fine because I can convince my dad to do things and I get away with everything and anything, but no boys allowed in my room. Not that I had any.

Me and Michele ran outside the big front doors and hid behind the grand, circular fountain. Catching our breath we couldn't stop laughing. I didn't take notice of a black sports car coming up the drive until Michele stopped laughing and stood up, pushing me to stay behind him. I had just realised I was in my pyjamas and that consisted of navy silk shorts and matching tank top and CK ankle socks.