Part four

He smirked.

"See I told you I'm lucky doll," he grinned so hard that it made me want to smack it straight off his face. I'll wipe that smug grin off soon.

I just rolled my eyes in response and hopefully this song will come to an end fast. His whole existence is annoying me. Why did my father have to pick my date? I could have come alone. Thank god I won't have to see him again. Well I may do because my father and him are aquatinted but hopefully nothing major otherwise I will probably commit arson or murderer or a bit of both if I'm feeling adventurous.

As soon as the song ended I got out of James' grasp and left him. I walked over to my table and grabbed a drink and downing it all at once.

"I thought I said no more of those princess," my fathers voice surprised me. I froze before slowly turning to him and flashing him my beautiful smile.

"Yes well, it's been a long night," I smiled towards him.

"It's time for the big announcement so sit down and everyone will join you in a second," he kissed my cheek before walking to the stage.

After about five minutes I was sat with my brothers and James had decided to sit with us. I mentally rolled my eyes as my father started talking.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming today. As you all know my daughter is finally of age to have marriage proposals offered to her, and many have already asked for her hand in marriage. But I have respectfully turned them all down, apart from one suitor," my father paused as he looked at me with a small, sad smile.

My heart was racing. Please tell me he hasn't already picked a man out for marriage. I have tears welling my vision before he continued talking.

"I am to announce the engagement of my daughter, Sophia De Luca and a close friend, James Barnes," he said making my tears fall and they didn't fail to multiply.

I looked over to James and he was already looking at me with...guilt? My brothers all stood up at the same time and started causing a fuss but I drowned the world out for a second. I was in my own little world trying to comprehend what was just said. And my future.

I looked over to my mother and she was looking at my father with sadness and anger, but I know whatever happens now, nothing is going to change the fact I'll be marrying this man who I know nothing about. Apart from the fact he couldn't care less about anything. He's a busy man, I want to be in love when I marry and tell my kids about it one day if I decide I want kids, not because I have to have them for heirs.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I instantly flinched. I turned to see and lady holding out her hand.

"Congratulations sweetheart, I'll count down the days until your pregnant with his heir," she smiled sickly that made my eyes water again. "Aww look tears of utter happiness."

I shoved her hand on me and stormed outside after hearing nothing but 'congratulations' 'you'll be pregnant before you know it' 'any idea on baby names?' Honestly fuck them all at this point. I don't want kids until I'm ready.

I stood crying, leaning on the balcony that had a set of stairs each side. Maybe this marriage won't be that bad. I mean surely he will make me his equal and treat me as such.

I didn't want to leave my home. I didn't want to leave my brothers or my mama. This caused even more tears to flow down my face and ruin my makeup.

I heard the door open, footsteps coming closer to where I was standing and I straightened my back instead of slouching over the railings.

"I'm sorry princess, but you have to know it will bring our mafias together," my father said making my blood boil. I know he was right but why is everything about mafia. Honestly, why couldn't I wait and settle down in my own time, if I wanted to marry.