Part six

Fuck!

I feel like someone just threw an anvil on my head and beaten me black and blue. My whole body hurts. My eyes felt really heavy as I tried to open them.

"Mama look," I heard someone's voice that I knew belonged to Michele.

"Mama," my voice croaked out. Jesus I need some water.

"Baby I'm here," she cooed, stroking my head and pushing my hair behind my ears. "Michele get a doctor."

"I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean to hurt you," I croaked out as blinked to adjust to the bright lighting. Why don't they close the curtains?

"Shhh it's okay, I'm over it," she whispered whilst smiling, "I'm so glad your okay. Everyone's been worried sick."

"How long have I been out?" I said looking around my surroundings. I'm in a hospital, Michele and mama are the only people in the room. Outside I could see a few guards but no sign of Xavier. "Where's Xavier? Is he okay? Was he hurt?"

"He's okay, baby. He's okay just a few scratches," she kissed my forehead, "it's been a week."

Oh, it could have been worse. I began sitting up when mama pushed me back down, gently.

"Rest tesoro, you was in some horrible crash," she looked down. The doctor entered the room and he looked at me with a surprised face to see me sitting up again, despite my mama's orders.

"Miss De Luca I see your awake." Yeah no shit. "I need to take a few simple tests to see your vitals. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded.

"Okay, lift your gown up a little please," he said as he got his stethoscope from around his neck. I hesitated a little before moving to grab the bottom of my gown. I didn't have a bra on so I stopped at my waist. "I'm going to need you to take in a few deep breaths for me okay?"

I nodded again and took a deep breath. He put the stethoscope on my back and listened to my heart. He lifted my gown a little higher to put the stethoscope higher. As he done that I heard voices from outside my room.

"....might not be ready to see you," Michele whisper shouted at who ever wanted to come in.

"Don't fucking care she's my daughter."

That was my father. He burst through the doors and stopped when he saw me. He then averted his eyes to the male doctor who had my gown up that it went up to my under boob.

"Get your hands off her," he growled. Mama moved in front of dad so he couldn't lunge for anyone.

"Leonardo! He's listening at her heart. Calm your ass down or get out," she scolded my father. She then whispered something in his ear that I couldn't hear but it made his eyes soften at me.

"Vitals are good Miss De Luca. I'll have you discharged in the morning."

The doctor left and mama kissed my forehead before leaving with Michele, leaving me and dad alone. I fixed my gown and we was left in silence.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I'm so sorry," he apologised. I got up from my bed and felt a bit shaky. I quickly moved to grab something and held onto the bedside table. My dad rushed over to me and grabbed my hands gently.