Part two

Sophia

After hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars later I had finally got everything and much more. I did buy jewellery but not for the ball as of James' random request.

After driving my own blacked out McLaren back home and into my section of the garage. I noticed James' car was gone. Relief rushed through me, why does he, of all people, be my date. Really?!

Adriano and I got out and I asked if they could take the bags and dress up to my room. I gave them all a very generous tip for helping me even though my father pays them a lot. They were all so nice to me. Or was it the money? No they love me.

I quickly texted James after dad text me his number telling me I have to tell him myself, off my phone.

Me: red

James: who's this?

Me: your beautiful date xox

James: thought you wasn't going to text me doll

Me: I wasn't going to

James: see you tomorrow ;)

"Oh baby, I'm so glad you got your dress today!" My mum shouted as she let out a relived sigh, "have you heard?"

Oh dio mio! Who died?

"No, what happened? Is everyone okay?"

"The ball has moved to tomorrow night at 7," mother exclaimed.

"WHAT!"

My father was calling for my mother so she went to see what he wanted. Leaving me stressed. Why would they move the ball closer. Dio mio.

I'm to tired for this.

Thank god we got dinner whilst we was out because I can't wait to sleep tonight.

I sprinted up the stairs and into my bedroom. I closed the door and began stripping out of my clothes. I was left in my black strapless laced bra and matching underwear. I took the bra off and replaced it with my pyjamas I was wearing this morning.

I threw my hair in a bun and slid into my comfy bed. I was about to drift off when someone knocked on my door.

"Hmm," I hummed, to tired to even talk. Someone walked in but I knew who it was because of his strong aftershave. My father sat on my bed next to me. I moved so I could hug him like I used to when there was monsters under my bed and I used to run to him crying. He made me feel so safe in this dangerous world.

"I love you so much princess," he whispered kissing the top of my head.

"I love you to daddy," I yawned. Hugging him tighter, I heard him sigh.

"Just know I'm doing everything I can to protect you and make you happy," he sounded sad.

"Thank you dad. For everything you do for all of us, you truly are the best father in the world and I'm so lucky to have you," I mumbled in his chest. I was definitely falling asleep now.

"Please don't hate me," was the last, peculiar thing I heard before finally passing out.

———