Part eight

It was the day before the wedding and to say I'm nervous was the biggest understatement in history. I got up from a sleepless night, it was around seven am. I was scrolling through my phone as I quietly walked downstairs. I saw I got a text from James that said he would be over sometime in the morning to see me before we get married. Isn't that bad luck? Or is it the morning of? But I thought I was before? Oh never mind.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw my nana cooking breakfast.

"Morning nana," I said as I sat down on a stool behind the marble island.

"Morning beautiful, what do you want to eat?" She asked as she flipped pancakes.

"Anything if your cooking," I smiled at how cute and caring she is. She smiled at me as she piled a plate full of food.

"You need to eat more, your getting skinny."

"Thanks," I mumbled sarcastically. I shovelled a big mouthful of pancake and fruit with egg.

"Morning doll," a very deep, familiar voice rang throughout the quiet kitchen. My nana gasped and turned around.

"Oh my, you are as handsome as Sophia says you are," my nana gushed as she walked over to him and gave him a back-breaking hug, he just smirked at me.

"Nana!"

She wasn't supposed to tell him that, his ego is already massive. She placed both hands on either side of his face and beamed. She kept complimenting him but I turned back to my food, far more interest-ing and tasty. My nana does cook a mean breakfast.

"So, you have a bachelorette party James?" My nana asked as she continued to cook the rest of the food.

"I am, my second in command organised it," he explained as he took a seat next to me, stealing a piece of strawberry, "how about you Sophia? Got a party planned?"

"Actually n-," I was ever so politely cut off.

"Yes she has actually Mr, I have male strippers, alcohol and shots," my friend said as she came through the doors. I got up and hugged her. "Hey girl!"

"What are you doing here?"

"It's your last day of freedom, let's get fucked up and have male strippers-," I was the one who cut her off this time.

"Shhh, he won't let me leave if he knows that," I tried to suppress a laugh. My nana placed a plate in front of James and he started eating it. I went back to my seat with Alice behind me. "Besides I'm just going to hand out with nana."

"Yes you are, I'm going with your friend dear," my nana laughed. If my nana is going so am I. Imagine seeing her drunk, cheering on the men and having the time of her life.

"Okay but," I turned to James, "don't get to drunk and turn up hungover at my wedding."

"Our wedding but whatever," he shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean it, I'll whoop your ass and I'll run away with nana if you are," I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, we'll run away from you," my nana scolded pointing the spatula at him. James stopped eating for a second and looked over at me, his eye brows were raised at me. Before he could say anything his phone was ringing.

"Yeah," he answered.

Quickly, I snatched the phone out of his hand and ran behind the island.

"Hey," I looked at the ID, "Steve, how are you?"

"Good thanks? Where's James?" Steve asked over the phone. He seemed nervous.

"Oh he's busy right now, so what are you up to later?"