Part eleven

I've been sat with my family for about twenty minutes laughing loudly and suddenly I really needed the toilet.

"Mama, nana can you come to the toilet with me please?"

They both nodded and we all walked to the toilet, my nana had quite a bit to drink already and it was funny to see her talking about how handsome James was.

I left the door open as my mama locked the door to enter the toilet, I bunched my dress up and done my business. I fixed my dress and washed my hands. My mama fixed my dress at the back so it was straight and puffy again.

God, no one told me it was this much effort to wear a wedding dress for a day. A day!

"How's your day been sweetie?" My mama asked.

"It's been okay, Steve is nice," I said. My mama gave me the look as if to say 'that's not what I meant'.

"Is he the tall, sexy, blonde one?" My nana asked.

"Andrea!" My mama scolded nana. "You have a loving husband in the other room."

"He's getting old," she joked. Mama gave her a glare, "oh baby you know I love your father in law more than anything, I'm joking."

Nana then winked at me and I laughed. We walked out of the restroom and the music was loud and thumping like a nightclub. It was starting to get very hot in here so I went to go find an exit as mama and nana returned to the table.

I walked past everyone and found a door that leads outside to a large patio. I saw my brother, Xavier, smoking a cigarette looking up at the stars.

"Beautiful aren't they?" I asked him. His head whipped to my direction and his body softened slightly. "You should stop smoking you know."

"It's been a stressful day," he replied as he inhaled the smoke. I walked over to him and side hugged him. He doesn't know what stressful is, he's not the one wearing a big ass dress.

"Can I try some?" I asked.

"What? This?" He said holding up his cigarette. I nodded. "No, dad would kill me if he found out."

"But he's not here," I groaned, "Xavier, I'm not a little girl, I'll have you know I got married today."

He laughed at me before passing me the cigarette. I inhaled it a little bit and held it for a few seconds before blowing the smoke out. I took a bigger drag this time and surprisingly I didn't throw a coughing fit. I blew the smoke out before passing it back to Xavier.

"I though it would be worse," I laughed. "I'm cold let's go back in."

We walked back in together and we sat down on their table. We all sat there, laughing and drinking for about half an hour before James came over. He kissed my temple and leaned down to my ear.

"We're going home now," he whispered. I looked down at my lap and turned to my family. Home.

"Me and James are going now," I announced. Everyone stopped talking and got up to give us hugs and goodbyes. They said they will see me soon and I hope they stick to that. I gave a big hug to my nana and grandpa and they told me not to be a stranger as my nana cried. I wiped her tears and kissed both cheeks. After that I said bye to my brothers which got me emotional.

They walked us out to where our car was. I got in and so did James, I was waving goodbye as James drove off. I wiped a tear that left my eye and stared out of the window.

"Everything will be delivered to our home tomorrow," James said as he kept his eyes on the late night roads. I nodded even though he wasn't facing me.