Part nine - short chapter

James Barnes POV

We were sat in one of my clubs as women danced on our laps. I had a bottle of whiskey in my hand as a blonde haired bimbo danced on my lap. She really wasn't anything special nothing compared to my Sophia. Fuck. I'm already comparing her to other women.

I politely told the woman to get off my lap, she pouted at me but quickly scurried off as I glared at her. I had a generous mouthful from my bottle as Steve started to talk to me, looking at the busty brunette on his lap.

"Don't get to drunk otherwise I'll get my ass whooped by your fiancé," he says seriously.

"And I'll let it happen after you calling her baby multiple times earlier," I glared at him. Steve just rolled his eyes at me. I had a few of my other men with me tonight, apparently Sophia's brothers were supposed to be coming here but they haven't showed up yet.

Just as I thought that the famous three walked in with a few bottles of different whiskeys and vodka. They all had suits on and looked very smart still.

I was sat back on the sofa with my legs parted and my arms on either side on the couch, with a bottle of half empty whiskey in one hand.

I got up and shook their hands as they congratulated me to the marriage of me and their sister. It sounded more of a threat than a positive thing but I'd be the same with my sister. I've always protected her so I know why they feel the way they do towards me.

"Treat her properly," Xavier threatened, he didn't have to make a threat to know one is there. I nodded my head with a small smile.

"Of course."

Michele gave me a bro hug and welcomed me to the family. Dante shook my hand as he made the same threat as Xavier.

We all took a seat and talked about random stuff. A while later the lights turned off and only three spotlights were turned on, following three, skinny ladies walking towards the poles that were located in the middle of the room. They were all wearing the same underwear set and same white high heels.

They danced against the pole and threw their tops off at my men, revealing their bare chests. I looked down at my lap knowing my fiancé's brothers were watching me giving me death glares if I looked at the women. Steve was loving life and so was Thor.

I swooshed the whiskey in the bottle as I took a sip. I then felt a woman suddenly sit on my lap.

"I can make you feel so good, I heard your getting married tomorrow," she whispered trying to sound seductive and grinding her core on my hips.

"No thanks," I said as I pushed her off me and walked to the bar and sat on the stool. I really wasn't feeling tonight, I think it was because I'm getting married tomorrow and I'm scared. Me, James Barnes scared of marriage. Psh, couldn't be me.

I think I'm scared because if I catch feelings I would loose her and then I would be broken and I don't want to when I've just managed to fix myself again. I sighed and went over to Steve telling him I'm going home. He tried to list reasons to stay but I told him I've had enough. I said bye to Sophia's brothers and they all left soon after that.

I'm getting married in the morning.

—————

Only a short chapter because we had to see James' party, which didn't turn out as suspected. :(

Whipped already. Lmao