Twenty two

A week later after that night, and I swear to lord I've only just recovered but since then we haven't been talking much, again. Our relationship is very much up and down at this point.

Christmas is literally around the corner and no one has mentioned anything about dinner, presents or even who's house we're going to. Whether James' family and mine are coming here or we're going there. I don't freaking know and it's stressing me out.

I was cleaning the kitchen, wearing my oversized AC/DC top and black fluffy slippers, wiping and spraying down the surfaces. Scrubbing everything. My music was blaring through my speaker that I brought down from my bedroom, Eminem blasting through my ears.

It suddenly stopped and so did I, going over to where my phone was set down and peered down at it.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby sister," Xavier's voice spoke. Oh how I've missed my older brothers.

"Oh hey Xavier," I smiled as I rested my phone on my shoulder with my ear pressing on it.

"We're coming to yours Christmas," He says making me pick up the phone abruptly.

"What!"

Xavier then explained to me how everyone is coming over here, James' home, for Christmas. That's a lot of people. I need to shop for everyone's presents to. Okay, it's two weeks until Christmas. Easy.

Me and Xavier stayed on the phone talking for about an hour before he had an important meeting at one of his businesses. I put my music back on shuffle and went back to cleaning the house.

Only a couple hours later, the house was spotless and I was now drained and hungry. I dragged myself to the kitchen and got a big pot of fruit I made yesterday and began munching it on the way to the living room. I began ordering to many things for Christmas.

Most things were for everyone else but a large portion of it was for me to. This is why I can't be trusted shopping. Anyways.

I got everyone presents apart from James because he has everything, I don't know what to get that man. Like what can you get for a billionaire who basically has everything. A car? No, he has loads.

I need to think about it.

———

"I give up, this man has everything," I stressed as I fell down onto the comfort of the sofa.

"Just because he has money doesn't mean he has everything," Steve crossed his arms as he looked at me. I rolled my eyes upwards to meet his.

"What do you suggest I do then, Steve. Help me!" I said on the verge of stressful tears.

"Calm down," he said standing up and moving over to me, he squatted down in front of me and looked at me seriously as I calmed down. Well as much as a woman can, "how about to start a family?"

Excuse you?

"W-what?" I stuttered in disbelief. Does James even want a baby? I know we spoke about it but I couldn't tell if he was that interested or ready to start a family. He was so vague about it. "You mean he wants a baby?"

"Buck is a very closed off person. He doesn't talk about many things with people but I've known his since I can remember. He talks about you a lot and the possibility of starting a family but he wants you to be ready and be comfortable with the idea," he explained before quickly adding. "I'm not pressuring you!"