The Light we follow

Logically speaking, there's always gonna be a light in the universe to follow. You just have to find it." - (Y/N)

No ones POV

The battle was won. The dead zones camp that belonged to Vale's Huntsman had been successfully protected. Cheers roared from the Huntsman outside on the battlefield, celebrating the one small victory they've achieved in the trying times they now live in. Goliaths were toppled, and Beowolves were slain.

All that were really left were smaller, more insignificant Grimm creatures. A Creep leapt forward into the air towards one of the campsites many warriors. But suddenly, sharp blades of glass sliced through the two legged creature midair, severing it into two as it turned to dust. As it's limp parts hit the ground before disappearing, the flying glass shards flew back towards the figure, and hovered behind him in the shape of butterfly wings.

???: That should be all of them. But things were... easier than usual.

The figure had an old brown hoodie that covered his head and hid his face. He was a mercenary, although on no contract, fighting to protect the kingdom he calls home. The glass shards floating behind him held position as he turned around and gazed across the battlefield. Fewer Grimm were present throughout the battle than what was announced. Either the cries and alarms were over exaggerated... or something tore through them with ease.

The mercenary was pondering over this phenomenon... until another creep snuck up behind him and leaped forward, jaws wide. The glass wielder didn't even look back as a distant red laser shot through the Grimm, disintegrating it in an instant.

???2: Geez, Monarch! That airhead of yours is gonna get yourself killed!

The hooded mercenary turned around to face the new arrival. A man with short light brown hair, brown eyes and a cocky smirk walked over to Monarch, with a red robotic arm held out towards him. The visible Aura around his prosthetic arm glowed a bright red from firing his laser Semblance, before he lowered his arm. His white jacket with a single red sleeve over his prosthetic arm bounced with every step as he approached his mercenary buddy.

Monarch: *sigh* And your aim with that Semblance is gonna get someone else killed, Foulke.

Foulke: *laughs* Well at least now it should be all of them. Alls well that ends well?

Monarch: Yes, but... Someone definitely exaggerated the Grimm presence that headed towards our camp... or something lowered their numbers drastically.

Foulke: Well either way, we've finally got ourselves some breathing room, huh?

But the hooded mercenary only scoffed, walking past Foulke.

Monarch: Breathing room? Like that'll last. We're nothing but sitting ducks out here! We may have gotten lucky this time, but we cannot rely on whatever outlying factors to hold our ground, and at this rate we certainly cannot reclaim our shattered kingdom!

Foulke: Well... what do you suggest?

Monarch: ...What's there to suggest? A miracle? Our world has been torn with the disconnection of the CCT network, and nobody here can even get close to Vale's tower. The world is on standstill, and the people are scared...

The mercenary looked up to the ash coated sky in sadness.

Monarch: Remnant needs something... or someone, to guide us... *sigh* But that'll never happen.

Foulke only watched his mercenary partner in sorrow... until something caught his gaze. No... a group of people. They were new faces.

Foulke: Yo buddy. Check it out.