Dancin

(Y/N) POV

Currently, you were in your dorm bathroom, looking in the mirror. Seeing as the dance is on in a few minutes, and you got nothing half as formal, you decided to go to the dance in your Beacon uniform.

(Y/N): Can't be the only one rocking the lazy option, right?

Summer: Y-Yeah.

(Y/N): You good?

Summer: Well... it's these kinds of moments where the mother helps prepare her child for a dance, or something along those lines. It's not like I don't see you like a son or anything, but... I feel like Ruby needs me.

(Y/N): Well... lets go to her!

Summer: What!?

(Y/N): I can wait outside RWBYs dorm, while you go inside to see Ruby. I'm sure you have at least some freedom to move around the place. And I also have an excuse of waiting for Ruby if anyone accuses me of being a creep. Unless... you can't do that?

Summer: I... don't know. It might. You know what? Okay, Lets do it!

You then bolt out of the dorm and stand beside RWBYs dorm entrance.

(Y/N): I hope this works.

Summer: Yeah... me too.

Summer then appears beside you and steps forward towards the door. She takes a deep breath, before phasing through the door.

No ones POV

As soon as she entered the room, Summer immediately heard... crying? Hearing it coming from the dorm bathroom, Summer quickly ran over and peeked inside, to see Ruby leaning over the counter in her dress.

Ruby: *sobs* I'm not good enough *sobs* for him!

Summer couldn't help but feel hurt, seeing her own daughter in this state. She slowly makes her way towards her.

Ruby: H-He gets along so well *sobs* with all the other girls... I'm... I'm just the extra in his life.

Summer: R-Ruby...

Ruby: I'm just the lonelier version of (Y/N)! Where did I go wrong!

She quickly starts bawling over the counter. Summer quickly tries to hug her, but her arms just flow through Ruby. Summer stars tearing up as she frantically keeps trying again, only to fail.

Ruby: I-I need you, Mom... what do I do?

Summer gasps as she stops. She takes a deep breath, before trying to comfort her daughter once more. But then... her bright silver eyes, and her daughters tear stained eyes, both start glowing. Summer once again hugged her daughter... and succeeded. Rubys' eyes widen as she looks down. She sees nothing but... she feels... a calming presence. A hug. She felt like she already knew who was there for her.

Ruby: Mom...

Summer: I promise you, my little rose bud. (Y/N) will love you for who you are. I'll personally make sure of it.

Ruby then smiled. Summer knew she couldn't hear what she just said... but she seemed to have gotten the message. Both their eyes dim the bright lights as Ruby quickly wipes away the tears, before standing back up and walking out of the bathroom... before stumbling and almost falling over. She quickly grabs hold of the door frame.

Summer: *sigh* Like mother, Like daughter.

She then disappears.

(Y/N) POV

While Summer was in team RWBYs dorm, your eyes started glowing out of nowhere. On top of that, Lightbearer partially materialised in your hand, before fading again.