Stronger

(Y/N) POV

You finally made it back to Beacon from your mission. Needless to say, you aren't taking it all too well. After stepping off the Bullhead, you headed to Ozpins office to report your mission. The halls were lifeless of students. Clearly, class is on right now. After taking the elevator to the headmasters office, you step out to talk to Oz, who's staring out the window.

Ozpin: Welcome back, (Y/N).

(Y/N): As in, Beacon? Or your office again?

Ozpin: Take your pick. Anyway, seems the mission went... well.

You quickly tense up.

Ozpin: ... You succeeded.

(Y/N): *lightly nods* Yeah... by my hands alone...

Ozpin: I see... Tell me about the man.

(Y/N): Of course. He was a former Huntsman, who graduated from Shade years ago. During his time there, he was a member of team TRQS... led by Tom Torchwick.

Ozpin: Torchwick?

(Y/N): He's on our side. I only found out about his last name through scroll contacts on my way here. Regardless, I can trust him.

Ozpin: I see... continue.

(Y/N): The 'Mayors' name was Roland. He had almost no combat experience whatsoever. It's his semblance that made him a major threat. Grimms tongue. He could speak with the creatures of Grimm, and coordinate with em. But then he and his team learned about Salem. After that, he wasn't talking to Grimm. The Grimm were talking to him. I don't know what about exactly, but it changed Roland. He ran off into the deserts, never to be seen again.

Ozpin: ... Until he appeared near Vale. I see. What did he do exactly?

(Y/N): Commanded the Grimm to force civilians out of town, and kill off the Huntsmen. He repeated this in a pattern to force everyone into Vale.

Ozpin: Right... but why?

(Y/N): Well... I don't know. Their were rumours that he was working under the Fall Maiden, which seem highly likely, given Ambers attackers are still out there, but aren't entirely confirmed.

Ozpin: *sigh* But... he's gone. I know it was a daunting task. Physically and mentally. But so many lives were saved thanks to you. You can take the rest of the week off, if you wish.

(Y/N): Thank you, Professor.

Ozpin nods as you step back into the elevator. As you make your way down, Summer appears on the other side of the box.

Summer: Why didn't you tell him?

(Y/N): Hmm?

Summer: What Roland said, about gods abandoning this planet. About how this 'Ozma' can die over and over again. That doesn't spark any curiosity?

(Y/N): Of course it does... but... he's told us everything. Right?

Summer: ... Right...

The elevator dings before you step back into the halls of Beacon.

Summer: So... rest of the week off... you feel like doing anything?

(Y/N): I dunno. Might just crash in our dorm and wait for my team to show up.

However, on your way back, you passed the classroom you would normally be in at this time. Combat Class. You decided to take a quick peek inside. You were quickly surprised by the aura statuses of the current fighters. Jaune was nearing red. No big surprise there. Yet somehow Pyrrha was only just in the yellow.