Brewing Storm

(Y/N) POV

1 month earlier

Snow fell harshly from the raging snow storm above the continent of Solitas. Unforgiving weather like this would most likely take the life of those who try to brave a storm like this. Not just from the temperature: but from the Grimm that thrive in the cold. But even the creatures of darkness will have to brave a storm. Not one of snow... but one of fire.

Screeches of the Teryxes chasing a red and black ship echoed through the whited out sky. One of the winged creatures latched onto the side of the ship, ready to attack. But then, the side door slid open, before a hand shot out, projecting a white explosion from its palm. The no-longer-flying Grimm fell with its armoured face blasted off. This only angered the Grimm trailing behind, provoking them to attack again, only for you to lean out of the ship with your Bomber Style active.

(Y/N): Capacity's full, bird brains! Hitch your own ride!

Your fur hooded jacket and (H/C) hair flowed in the cold wind, as you shot explosive fireballs from your left hands knuckles towards the approaching Grimm. The Teryxes dodged and weaved around the projectiles, with some being unfortunate enough to get hit by the blasts of heat.

However, one Teryx was bold enough to go around to flank. It flew to be neck and neck with its prey, whilst keeping its distance. But with a loud screech, it began flying directly at you. It would have succeeded... if you didn't have someone watching your back at all times.

Summer: Incoming!

As the flying raptor like Grimm reaches you, it already got pierced through the chest with your magical weapon: Lightbearer. The silver and gold blade turned the surrounding flesh of the Teryx to stone, before sliding off and into the cold depths below.

Resting your blade on your shoulder, you turned to face the cloaked woman fused with your soul leaning against the ships door frame.

(Y/N): You must be having the time of your life not needing to do much, huh?

Summer: *smirking* Was it not me who saved your life?

(Y/N): *rolls eyes* I had it covered.

You then look past her towards the cockpit.

(Y/N): Krystal! How far until we clear the storm!?

Krystal: *behind you* Dunno.

You then spin around in surprise, seeing that the PILOT of all people was now leaning out the door taking shots at the Grimm. You point at her in confusion, then at the cockpit, then at her again, before going back and forward between the two.

(Y/N): W-What... Uh... A-AREN'T YOU MEANT TO BE FLYING THIS THING!?

The peach haired girl leaned back into the ship and rested the tip of her weapon on the floor, before turning to you.

Krystal: Autopilot. Your welcome by the way.

(Y/N): And your not worried we're gonna crash at all?

Krystal: Oh please, what could we possibly crash into?

Suddenly, the whole airship shakes as if it hit something. Loud screeches from the front confirmed that it hit a flanking Teryx. With a disappointed stare towards the Huntress, you ready yourself to leap out and eliminate the Grimm latched on the ships front... until the orange and purple glow of your brothers Gravity Rift Semblance appeared outside.

Jack: I've got pest control!

Jack then leaps out of the ship, revolving around the rift towards the front. He runs across the side of the ship before leaping past the winged Grimm. The creature receives a barrage of flaming pellets from Jacks weapon, Memento.