The Invitation

(Y/N) POV
Times have been great. Ever since the 'Junior incident', Yang and Ruby became your best friends. They would often visit your apartment to hang out with you and go around Vale to do whatever you all want to do. Although it mostly just ends in the bakery. Even got to learn a lot about them. You assumed Yang wanted to be a huntress, her gauntlets are a dead give away. But you didn't really expect Ruby to continue following her dream after the supposed 'death' of her mother.

Time went by really quickly, and your 'legal' journey to become a huntsman begins tomorrow when you go to Beacon. Unfortunately only Yang will be joining you. Ruby still has two more years at Signal.

Yang: Hey (Y/N)!!!

You jumped at the sound of Yang yelling at you. You realise you were lost in thought and was just blindly following the two sisters as you all walked through Vale.

Yang: You doing ok buddy?

(Y/N): Yeah, just thinking.

Ruby: About what?

(Y/N): Well it all just dawned at once that the new year of Beacon starts tomorrow, and only me and Yang are going. I just wish all of us could go.

Ruby: *sadly* yeah...

Yang: Well this got depressing... *excited* But hey, even if we all go to different schools, we can still 'Yang' out!

(Y/N): I changed my mind. I wish you two could switch places.

Ruby starts laughing, While Yang gives you a 'what the fuck' face.

Ruby: So (Y/N)... Do you want to go shopping for dust tonight?

(Y/N): Sure. I don't really use dust with my weapon thou...

Ruby: You have a weapon?!!!

(Y/N): Ow... my ears... I thought it was clear. I'm going to a huntsman academy, of course I have a weapon.

Ruby: Can I see it?!

(Y/N): Another time.

Ruby makes a pouty face at you.

Ruby: Please?

(Y/N): *in head* that is the most adorable thing I've seen in my life. *out loud* Uh... no. Not unless it's necessary.

Ruby: Pretty please?

(Y/N): *in head* must... resist... *out loud* not happening.

Ruby: Pretty please with a...

Yang: Hey why am I not invited to go with you?

Ruby: *nervously* Um... because he's going to Beacon and I won't see him for a long time?

Yang: Ruby, I'm going to Beacon as well remember?

Ruby: *starts turning red* Uhhh... but I won't be able to talk with (Y/N)...

(Y/N): You have my scroll number though.

Ruby: Well... the thing is... that...

Yang: *gasp* I see what's happening!!!

Ruby: *panicking* You do?!

(Y/N): You do?

Yang: Oh my dear sister, you have a cru...

Yangs scroll starts ringing. You then see Ruby completely red and reaching for Crescent Rose.

Yang: Oh its dad. He returned from his mission. I'm going to go greet him, while you two have fun together.

She then walks off chuckling, leaving you and Ruby alone.

(Y/N): So... Care to explain?

She then grabs your wrist and drags you off.