The end of peace and rest

(Y/N) POV

Cheers of the audience erupted, as you and your siblings took a seat in the front rows of Amity coliseum. Thankful that people have silently moved on from last nights incident, the three of you looked into the arena, seeing the final six fighters.

Oobleck: *over loudspeaker* Alright, it is now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

As the roulettes spun, excitement built up from everyone around you. Especially Ana. This was the first fight in the tournament she and Jack were watching live from what you've been told.

Port: *over loudspeaker* It looks like our first contender is...

The first roulette stops on someone you haven't seen in a while.

Port: *over loudspeaker* Penny Polendina from Atlas! And her opponent will be...

The last roulette stops, as does your excitement. Penny's opponent was someone far from being in a healthy mindset. It was none other than...

Port: *over loudspeaker* Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon

The arena platform begun to raise as soon as the other fighters stepped off. But as you looked at the one sided conversation the two P's were having, something felt... weird. Like something just begun tugging on your soul. It felt familiar... yet strange all the same.

Jack: Ya good?

(Y/N): Yeah... Yeah I'm all good.

No ones POV

However, inside the maintenance halls, Ruby stared down her current obstacle between her and Emerald. The walking Mercury Black.

Ruby: Mercury... what are you doing? You were hurt! Why...!? Uh... What's going on?

The silver haired boy stood in silence as he continued blocking the path.

Ruby: Fine. *steps to the side* If you're not gonna tell me...

In response, Mercury steps to the side as well, ready to stop the huntress. He continues to do so as she steps back to her original spot. Ruby quickly grew uneasy. Without her precious weapon, she was at a far deep disadvantage.

But as she stared the boy down... her right open hand suddenly sparked with silver lightning.

Mercury took note of this, catching him off guard. Until suddenly...

Oobleck: *over loudspeaker* Fighters, are you ready?

Ruby's concentration broke from the sudden announcement, making the mysterious sparks of silver lightning vanish from her hand.

(Y/N) POV

Back outside, crowds cheered on as the two fighters were about to clash.

Oobleck: *over loudspeaker* Three! Two! One! Begin!

In an instant, Penny quickly summoned swords out of her back. You were surprised by her weapon of choice, never seeing her fight before. But still, you were confident in Pyrrha. As the two traded blows, via dodging or blocking, everyones excitement kept building.

Port: *over loudspeaker* My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!

After fending off more attacks, Pyrrha dropped her shield from her arm and into her grip. Doing so gained more cheers from the crowd.