Before It All Falls

(Y/N) POV

Nightfall struck the Vale sky as you, Riese, and Lilith made your way through the seats of the coliseum. They were quickly filling up with residents and fellow Huntsman as the one on one fights were to begin pretty soon.

Soon enough, in an empty row of seats at the very back, Vin and Krystal sat, meeting eyes with you. You and the rest of their team quickly make it to the two.

(Y/N): Thought you guys would've left by now.

Vin: Under normal circumstances, we would've. Please. Take a seat.

You do so, taking the spot next to the summoner. Shortly followed by Lilith taking the other seat beside you.

Vin: I'm aware this isn't an ideal setting for a story. But it's important you know who we are, and what we stand and fight for.

(Y/N): *exhales* Alright.

Vin: Now... where to begin?

Krystal: Howabout... at the beginning?

Vin: *rolls eyes* The very foundation this team revolves around, is The Black Armoury. Formerly arms dealers. Now a hand picked team made up from the best of the best Huntsman from all four kingdoms. *points at self* Atlas. *points at Krystal* Vale. *points at Riese* Vacuo. *points to Lilith* And Mistral.

Lilith: We were chosen to carry on the armoury's legacy and goal.

Riese: That being kicking that damn witches teeth in.

(Y/N): Wait... how does the armoury even know of her?

Vin: Why, it was founded to help defeat Salem in the first place after all. And did better than most others. They utilised dust into weaponry generations before others did. With the help of the people, every twisted offering of that queen was met with successful retaliation.

Krystal: I mean, successful was a bit of a stretch. She just... didn't die. No matter what. And to add onto the growing pile, she decided to retaliate as well. All those offers to kneel before her disappeared. And genocide took its place.

(Y/N): You're saying all this as if knowing of Salem was common knowledge.

Vin: And you would be correct, indeed.

(Y/N): Wait... So... how'd she just disappear?

Lilith: *scoffs* Who knows? Gave up on the whole 'taking over the world' idea maybe.

(Y/N): Ozpin... never mentioned any of this to me...

Riese: Guess that Ozzy Osbourne guy is carrying more secrets than you think.

You sat in your seat in silence for a few seconds, before talking to yourself.

(Y/N): *muttering* What else are you hiding?

Summer: *sigh* Who knows?

Vin: Now where were we? Ah yes. Over time, Salem began overwhelming the Armoury's forces, quickly crippling them. They had to resort to acquire assistance to continue the fight.

Lilith: Three kingdoms. Three founding families. The House of Meyrin, the Rasmussen Clan, and the Satou Tribe. These were the leaders of the world during those dark times. Lucky they all shared a common fear, and a common goal.

Vin: And so they grew. Now under one banner, the armoury and the three kingdoms all hoped they can put down the Grimm menace that's been plaguing the planet... They were wrong.

Krystal: Like before, she would just walk away from whatever was thrown at her. But as she survived, so did the armoury.

(Y/N): And this war went on for how long?