kinetic sculpture

------

------

𝗟𝗢𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚... 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 !

@𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝘆𝘀𝘀

------

you sat next to xiao in the living room , a single large canvas displayed in front of the both of them. the clock read 8:25 am.

"man , we're both so lucky to have no classes today." you said happily. he nodded without saying another word.

the both of you actually decided to start the project today rather than the day it was assigned , (which was yesterday) so they had time to do homework and other things.

((i took three melatonins and its so hard fo stay awake))
((never mind im not sleepy anymore #girlboss or whayever))

the assignment was that one person creates the sketch while the other paints it in their own style. they had to sumbit the canvas itself and also two pictures of the sketch and painted version.

after staring at the picture you both planned to use as the reference , you mentally groaned.

"alright... you want to sketch ?"

"you know damn well i'm painting."

you raised your brows. "be nice and let me paint." he smirked. "no." he replied. an idea came into your head. raising one brow and smiling , you proudly chuckled.

"rock paper scissors. loser sketches."

"deal."

alright , i'm using scissors.

"if you don't put out you lose , rock paper scissors shoot !"

yeah.

he used rock.

as the realization hit you , you dramatically fell from the seat and groaned. "nooo ! why must the gods do this to me !" xiao quietly laughed at your actions and shrugged. "maybe i'm just better. now start sketching , loser."

you picked up the sharp pencil and pulled out a piece of paper for the pre-sketch. "stop turning me on." you said jokingly. he managed to pick up on your sarcasm and played on.

"you like that ? aren't you a freaky one."

you simply continued on. "only for you."

xiao smiled slightly , looking at the canvas. "stop before i actually act on that."

"what ?"

"just kidding."

he then quietly watched you stroke the pencil on the paper , e/c eyes darting from the paper then to the image taped on the easel. you felt awkward as his gaze stuck onto you.

actually , you noticed that xiao had a habit of staring at you sometimes.

whether it be when you cook dinner , or when you're busy writing notes in art , and even in the hallways when he passes by you for a few seconds.

and you're no wussy.

"hey xiao , i have a question." you said. he continued to look at you without stopping. "what ?"

"why do you... you know , just stare at me sometimes randomly ? like in class or when we're eating."

he kept a straight face and lifted his shoulders. "i don't know. i guess it's a habit. i do it to umaru too."

"oh."

you nearly forgot that girl existed. in fact , you wish she didn't exist at all. she gave off strange vibes even though you've met her only once.

xiao leaned on the table , using his arm to support his chin. "well , now that i think about it , i stopped really meeting up with her and looking at her in general. she's been bothering me a lot more lately."

"i see."

i don't want to hear about her.

"talking about her is boring."

"yeah." you said quickly , obviously immersed in the drawing.

he sighed. there was a sense of boredom coming off of him. "aren't you dry today ?"

"huh ?"

((brb speedwriting this bc i love writing this story so much ,,))
you gave him a look for a split second before turning your attention back to the sheet of paper. he narrowed his eyes. taking out his phone , a sudden click sound filled the room.

xiao stared at his phone with a straight face. "... interesting." you then looked at him. "did you just take a photo of me." he lazily looked right back at you. "yeah. and i'm going to keep it."

"how about deleting it instead ?"

"no thanks."

you could see the teasing gleam in his eyes even though the rest of his face looked uninterested. reaching for your phone , you opened the camera app and smirked.

"say cheese !"

"wait-"

click !

you looked at the photo of xiao , your expression warm and happy. his features were still noticeable even though the picture was slightly blurry. like the widened-eyes and forest green hair , to his lifted brows and hand attempting to cover the camera.

he quickly averted your gaze suddenly. you turned over to face him and giggled.

"interesting , right ?"

------

𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗬'𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 !

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗣𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘: 𝗔 𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗣𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧.

𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 "𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗲." !

------