palette

------

------

𝗟𝗢𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚... 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 !

@𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝘆𝘀𝘀

------

((muse spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2slDqReyB5TsFvylLZNW3e?si=kNdC02dXQuWMQNBaRgYjAA&dl_branch=1))

knock knock knock !

you looked over to the door of your home and got up from the couch. it was just about dinnertime , which meant xiao should be back by now. you already cooked some jade parcels and cream stew for him. opening the door to expect xiao , you were met with a different face instead.

umaru doma.

you made a face before quickly reverting to normal. "oh. hey umaru... anything you need ?" you asked.

she shook her head , the smile on her face a little too friendly. "nope ! is xiao home right now ?" she attempted to come in and try to take a look around. you crossed your arms.

straight to the point huh.

"he actually isn't here yet." you looked down to see her holding a plastic bad , which most likely contained food. "you need to give him something ?"!

umaru nodded. she held up the bag as if it was her precious treasure. "i actually made some dinner for him ! he really likes almond tofu , so as his favorite girl i made him some." the orange-haired girl's voice was dainty.

you raised a brow.

"uh cool. i mean you can leave it here and i'll give it to him once he gets hom-"

she suddenly pushed herself closer to you and furrowed her brows , cheeks pouting and lips puffed out dramatically. "well xiao would like it if i gave it to him instead ! so can i maybe wait in your house ?"

... what ?

am i supposed to say yes or something ?

you awkwardly averted her gaze. umaru's facial expression was so overdone that it made you gag. was she trying to act like those anime girls from that one show or something ?

"uh... i mean... uhm... so you see-"

"oh. its umaru."

you blanked out and looked over to see xiao in front of you both.

how is this mans timing so accurate ?!

after a second of hearing his voice , umaru completely left your side and was now attempting to nuzzle up xiao. she giggled and took his arm smugly.

girl what the hell girl.

"xiaoo ! i missed you so so soo much~ i decided to visit you and also make you your favorite almond tofu for dinner ! make sure to eat it hehe."

GIRL WHAT THE HELL GIRL ?

the golden-eyed boy shrugged. "thanks. i'm pretty sure y/n already made dinner for us though." umaru visibly tensed up. "d-does that mean you're not gonna eat what i made just for you... ?"

he sighed. "i will. just letting you know that i probably won't eat it all for dinner. you can go now. thanks for the food."

it was almost like he didn't want to talk to her.

"oh... okay. make sure to have a bite though. see you later xiao ! i'll miss you~" she said , her usual facade back again. you cringed.

"bye."

umaru smiled and attempted to give him a kiss on the cheek , but he inched away from her the moment she looked up. she gave you a wave and a smirk before walking down the rocky stairs.

now it was just you and him.

he looked at you and then to the bag , then back to you.

"so , what are we eating today ?"

you gave him an awkward smile. "jade parcel and cream stew."

xiao returned the smile , but with genuine happiness.

"that sounds much better than her own foods."

------

𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗬'𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 !

𝗣𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘: 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗥 𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗥𝗧. 𝗨𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗢𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥.

𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 "𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗲." !

------