CHAPTER 5: Spiritual root assessment (2)

The moon eclipse Pavilion has three floors, it contains books and valuable treasures as well as other restricted areas.

They all walk inside a spacious room with only a floating round black jade as big as a person's head at the center surrounded by six pillars.

The assessment determines the person's talent, spiritual attributes, and physique.

In this world, they would conduct a spiritual root assessment once a child turns 10. At 10 years old after the assessment, it's time for the children to properly learn and choose a profession according to their innate talent.

"Since young, disciples of bright moon palace are nurtured with pills to strengthen their bodies and widen their meridians to improve their physique and spiritual roots until around your age is the best to conduct the assessment because this is the best time to gauge a child's potential" Ming Tai Yang explained to Yu Yue when he noticed her adorably confused face looking at the black jade crystal and the six pillars surrounding it.

Yu Yue nodded in understanding as she patiently waited for their instructions and do as told by elder Qi Ji to put both hands at the top of the black jade crystal to inject her qi.

She didn't know it was not just physically but also mentally draining to inject her qi and still, nothing happens to the black jade crystal at all.

"Hold still" after a long moment of silence Yu Yue was about to pull her hands back but Qi Ji stopped her.

"hmm" the others also frowned seeing that nothing happens.

"Don't stop your qi from flowing into the crystal princess, that's why your body and mind are taking the toll" Ye baihe interjected after furrowing her brows while observing at the side. The usual playfulness of her voice disappeared.

Ye baihe is a spirit seeker master so she's much more sensitive about crystals.

"Yu Yue just trust the elders and do as they say, nothing's going to happen to you" Ming Tai yang reassured calmly.

Indeed, Yu Yue is trying to stop the flow of her qi because she's a little scared when she notices that her qi is flowing like a spring nonstop and it's too tiring to do so.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes while letting her qi flows freely.

The black jade crystal vibrated as fragments of light slowly appeared randomly like a crack trying to swallow the blackness of the crystal.