CHAPTER 122: Seeking abuse (2)

Young master Wu was petrified when he just entered the city while smugly making his way home a sudden gust of cold air blew on his neck and before he could react he fainted without knowing why.

Xing Er quickly brought him back to the city lord's manor.

While Yu Yue who was waiting for more than two hours already glance at her with a smile.

"Miss, something's going to happen tonight. There are a group of people two hundred meters away from the city border preparing to cause trouble tonight." she spoke coldly.

"Oh, are they strong?" Yu Yue asked calmly, but the patriarchs who just entered the room and heard everything reacted differently with anxious expressions.

"w-who are those scums?" patriarch si thundered angrily.

Xing Er then told them everything, they already interrogated patriarch wu but they didn't get anything at all. They expected this as much but not this soon. 

Yu Yue's expression didn't change as she kicks young master Wu's side unkindly. It didn't take long for him to stir awake with a groan, he was about to scold profanities but he was so scared to see faces he didn't want to see.

His heart thumped as bad premonition surged uncontrollably.

"hehe. Young master wu, we meet again. This must be fate" Yu Yue giggled teasingly as she took her mask off.

"It's you! How can it be you!" he was scared silly and full of disbelief when he recognized her face and everything clicked in. 

"told you, its fate." Yu Yue said with a grin which makes young master Wu shiver.

"Now tell us everything you know or else you won't make it out of this place" patriarch Zhuang grabs his neck suddenly which makes him scream in fright.

The others also look at him like he's dead meat. They were getting impatient after fruitless attempts earlier with patriarch wu. They aren't able to do anything to him because even if he acted that way he was still an important person in hundred flower city, plus they couldn't prove it and might just agitate the other families and it won't do them good as the city is a mess right now.

But it's different now, Xing Er witnessed their collusion it warrants a death sentence so they won't bother playing nice anymore. 

"hmmp, you can't do anything to me. My father is of importance to this city" young master wu snorted smugly, he pretended to be strong even though he was really scared but he didn't dare think of the consequences if he betrayed that terrifying young master Zhou. They won't just suffer but would likely get annihilated.

"hmmp, have you forgotten? We have your father with us right now" patriarch de snorted in disdain as he folds his sleeves preparing to beat this fatty black and blue.

Young master Wu was stumped but he still acts high and mighty.

Seeing him as that Yu Yue frowned, she too wondered why they didn't beat patriarch wu earlier. "what are their statuses in the city?" she asked frowning. She's getting impatient as well, she has been holding up here since morning, and it's already past noon.

"unlike blue thunder city, which is a militarized city, and the decisions were made by the city lord and the great clans only have little to no part of it. Hundred flower city is free, the city lords of past generations wanted the people to have freedom and the great clans can influence their decisions. However, the big families like the Wu family also have a little bit of power because they own lots of businesses here that help keeps the city alive" patriarch tian explained.

"This system though isn't that ineffective and has many flaws, one of which is the allocation of resources. The past city lords accept refugees from other cities and places so in terms of population, our city has the most population. However, in terms of strength, it's the weakest since many people are vying for the resources and I doubt we that way we invite the wolves in our territory" patriarch hai added as well with a deep meaningful look in his eyes.

"the previous city lord also hoards the resources so our cities might have degenerated into a pitiful state" patriarch Si also added.

"...." Yu Yue was speechless, she already expected this but not to this degree. She silently cursed the ancestors for throwing a handful of problems into her hands.

She narrowed her eyes and decided. "hmmp. Since your clan ancestors entrusted this city into my hands I can do as I want, right?" she asked with a deep meaningful smile.

"right" ancestor De looks at her suspiciously after hesitating.