CHAPTER 197: Pretending to be a pig (2)

When she arrives in the throne room she greets them with a smile, "Mother, Father. I'm back"

"Oh, where did you run off this time? Why didn't you heed my warnings? What if you truly meet your demise there?" the empress scolded sternly, as she pursed her lips.

Huang Xin knows how to pacify her so she immediately acted coquettish. The empress pursed her lips, as the emperor held her hands with begging eyes not to scold their daughter anymore.

 "you guys! You only know how to worry me" she said her expression less stern.  

"don't be so angry mother. I have good news for you" she said with a smile.

The empress raised her brows as she eyed her, and the emperor's eyes also landed on her curiously. "speak" the empress said narrowing her eyes when she saw the mischievous smile on her daughter's face. She knows her very well but she's not in the mood to play words with her.

"hehe, I meet someone who's able to refine the fire dragon grass with a high success rate" she beamed, the empress's expression froze. The emperor started quaking as he shed joyful tears.

One of the reasons why Huang Xin has the fire dragon grass is because she's waiting that she could advance in alchemy, to be able to refine it. Her elder brother's eyes are fine but not functional, his soul was partially asleep due to the complications the empress had when she was pregnant.

"who... I mean no, where is that person right now?" the empress was greatly shaken as she stood up ready to dash off, she could hardly keep her composure. This is the first time Huang Xin saw her like this so she was stunned.

Seeing her like that the emperor also look at her as he tried to help the empress remain still. "Xin'er, tell us quickly" he was also anxious as he trembled slightly in anticipation.

"Don't worry mother, leave it to me. I've already collected three stalks of the fire dragon grass; I give one to her. Let's just wait, we would know soon" she replied reassuringly, full of confidence. Even though she just meet Yu Yue, her confidence stemmed from the ground that they were both desperate to save someone.

The empress looks at her dumbly, the emperor also looks at her speechlessly. But seeing her confidence they look at each other as they calmed down, with a sighed the empress nodded her head. "okay, I trust your judgment" she said deeply.

They were worried that she was being too rash and gambled in a fit, the fire dragon grass was really hard to obtain even with the help of little phoenix.

They were collecting many stalks just in case of failure, besides she has to do it herself as the levels of the alchemists in this realm are truly pitiful let alone refining an earth-grade pill they can't even refine higher-level green-grade pills. So she pins her hopes to herself as she has better chances of advancing to that level.

"besides..." she trailed off. Feeling troubled about whether she should say it or not. But she decided to tell them in the end to reassure them. "their strengths are beyond this realm..." she looks at her mother and father meaningfully.