CHAPTER 124: Collecting interest (1)

Although they thought he was shameless they didn't think he would be this foolish.

"you have guts"

"what a coward"

"pipe dream" the patriarchs were fuming mad and angrily rebuke him.

They couldn't help themselves but punch him in the face.

"don't tell me you believe his promise?" Yu Yue also frowned.

"hmmp, I'm not that foolish. However, his method is really cruel. Besides we aren't under anyone's protection in this city so we couldn't disobey and this city is in such a pitiful state, why should I foolishly succumb to that incompetent city lord?" he snorted angrily. He doesn't care anymore; he would die soon anyways. At least he won't fall under that horrible young master zhou's hands.

"...." Everyone was dumbfounded when they heard his words. Even though they can't put up with the previous city lord but they couldn't do anything as they swear a vow to his father.

After that, they lock up the father and son duo and the patriarchs quickly informed the ancestors about this news and they all came to the city lord's manor in no time.

"Yu Yue what do you want to do?" ancestor si asked thoughtfully, they didn't voice out their opinions because they want to know how deep is her capabilities.

Yu Yue glanced at him, she could more or less tell his intentions so she didn't disappoint him.

"despicable people should be dealt with by despicable means, let's beat them on their own game" she smiled mysteriously.

Since they're already here she should give them a big gift, she's still angry that her jade moon pavilion suffered minor damages but it cost a lot, plus the damage to the city and she would burden with the responsibilities of reconstruction. She would collect the interests tonight.

"you mean..." patriarch tian gawked.

"hehe exactly what you thought uncle tian, besides if we let them come to us we have to prepare additional funds for reconstruction" Yu Yue point out with all seriousness.

Everyone's mouth twitch at her reasons, but she did have a point though. It would be troublesome if it come to that.

"Hahaha, you're bold little girl. You didn't disappoint us at all" ancestor hai guffawed.

The other ancestors also nodded approvingly. However, the patriarchs' expressions take a turn.

"Father, that plan is really good. However, we might not have the strength to deal with them. I believe they have strong people since they dare act atrociously" patriarch hai grimaced with worry.

Yu Yue raised her perfect brows at them, she looks at the ancestors and the patriarchs back and forth. "grandpa hai, you didn't tell him yet?" she asked in a small voice as she pursed her lips.

"Tell me what?" patriarch hai frowned, the other patriarchs also look at her curiously.

"Oh, didn't they already know? That's weird" ancestor Hai strokes his beard in contemplation.

Yu Yue facepalmed.

"what's going on?" patriarch hai asked urgently.

"hehe, we didn't tell them yet to keep your secret little girl" ancestor Zhuang laughed vigorously.

The other ancestors also nodded in agreement as they smile at Yu Yue gratefully.

Yu Yue's heart warmed that they were doing it for her. She smiled and said, "Grandpas it's fine, you can't tell them just about your advancement. I trust you all in here including patriarch uncles"

"advancement?"

"what advancement?"

"When did it happen?"

"why didn't we know of this?"

"right?" the patriarchs' exclaimed aggrievedly as they hurled bouts of exclamations and resentfully glance at their fathers.