CHAPTER 57: Scheming Fairy

Snow fairy just huffed and said "keep pretending! Let's see how long can you keep your act." she said with contempt and didn't argue with her anymore because her soul fragment might dissipate early out of anger.

She's been waiting for this little girl to appear for thousands of years already, so how can she let her escape her grasp so easily?  

"Since I'm in a good mood I'll just answer your questions." Snow fairy said begrudgingly.

"I was annoyed by those pests trying to get in here so I created a fake temple full of traps and demonic beasts. Those stupid and greedy people entered that place and now those demonic beasts chase after their tails if they didn't die immediately" she chuckled, rejoicing at their misfortunes.

Yu Yue and the gang's expressions changed after hearing her reasoning. 'how sinister' they thought not showing it on their face because they might provoke this great ancestor.

Though her eyes narrowed slightly as she saw people not from this realm entered that place. 'It seems like those people are growing impatient already' she snickered mentally as the demonic spirit beasts run amok outside and inside the fake temple.

Even though she's inside here she knows what's going on within the entire black forest with the help of little tree.

She's been watching Yu Yue's group since they entered the forest with interest that's why she knows how her mind works, but she would have never thought that this crafty little girl is the successor.

"so how come we entered this place?" little fatty blurted unable to take the suspense any longer.

"Hmpp... it's because you guys entered the cave and absorb the spiritual qi that's keeping the array working. This realm's spiritual qi declined to this level after hundreds and thousands of years. The array weakened greatly unable to absorb spiritual qi required to keep it functioning." She snorts in contempt, but what she didn't say is that this place can't be accessed unless it's the successor so even if they entered that cave by chance they won't be here. This time she would make an exemption for them as a parting gift seeing that these youngsters have pure and clean auras.

'These guys' luck changes after meeting this crafty girl from today onwards. She sighed.

"Why are we injured all over except for little Yu Yue when we get here great master?" hai xingze asked sorrowfully at the thought that his charming face now has a pink scar.

Although it's not that visible anymore after eating some pills it still ruined his smooth and fair skin.

The other's mouth twitch at him uncontrollably knowing what he was so worried about.

Snow fairy's eyes also twitch multiple times as she replied.

"Whatever happens inside that array is real so you guys were injured by the rumbles; this little girl didn't wear cheap silk as you guys do. That's all" she mercilessly said without explaining further.

These youngsters are a group of something. 

Little fatty and the other's mouths twitch, they almost shed litters of tears at this great ancestor's merciless words.

Yu Yue also raised her brows cluelessly. She didn't know that her clothes were this extraordinary.

The others look at her like she's a living treasure and steps closer to admire her clothes.

Yu Yue's face darkened as she glared at them.

"but our robes are also made of the best silk in the entire outer region" Zhuang Lan muttered.
It would have been fine if he didn't say anything at all.

"what best? Which part?" snow fairy looks at their clothes with raised brows. "it's nothing much compared to this little girl's clothes. Although her clothes also aren't worth mentioning it has a low defensive capability against practitioners of the body refining stage."

Yu Yue's face turned dark. She thought it was already extraordinary but to Snow fairy's eyes, it was not even worth mentioning.

The others also smiled sheepishly in embarrassment specially Zhuang Lan.

"That—how can a mere clothes be that amazing?" little fatty gasped.

"Hmmp you guys haven't seen how wide the sky is yet, if you all stay in this backwater place for too long you should just hang yourselves" Snow fairy snickered at their silliness and ignorance.

This time everyone's face turned bitingly sharp as they clenched their fists.

Their determination was highly aroused at Snow fairy's merciless remarks.