CHAPTER 143: Ranking tournament (4)

Yu Yue's brows furrowed, she's deliberating the fishiness of this matter. "why didn't they just directly seize the three independent cities long ago? Why do they have to go through this long-winded method?" she asked with a frown trying to guess their objectives.

"the four great empires couldn't blatantly act; they would suffer a public outrage if they do so. They agreed before with the previous city lords not to act against the three independent cities. Besides, they're wary of the city guardians." Patriarch Hai added narrowing his eyes.

"They are just adding oil to the fire behind the scenes" patriarch de also nodded.

Yu Yue's eyes flashed coldly, she made plans in her mind. She let xing er do the tallying as she discusses her plans with the five patriarchs.

...

Meanwhile, outside the city border, organized troops of bandits were laughing merrily. They were leisurely eating and drinking after they man slaughtered people from hundred flower city.

When Feng Chen, mo ling, and hong mei lead their troops these nasty people were startled. But upon seeing their group they simply laugh out loud and jeered at them mockingly.

"Hey, look at this group of people. They look like ants but they dared come out of their poor city" he guffawed full of disdain.

"you, you, and you guys should be enough to deal with them. Make it quick!" he snorted as he casually points around his men without looking at the newcomers. He then continued leisurely relishing his food with a dismissive attitude.

"ow, this is the first time someone looks down on me. Hehehe, how interesting" hong mei's eyes gleamed with bloodlust faintly as he licks the corner of his lips in a seductive yet terrifying manner. His irises turned dark red with a sinister glint, his nails elongated with biting sharpness as terrifying black veins appeared in his hands and forehead. 

"right, my heart is beating with excitement but I was treated like air instead. This is also my first, ahahha" mo ling punch her knuckles together as her eyes flickered with fighting intent. In just a second her hands and feet turned into white paws with razor-sharp claws, and her ears sharpened like a tigress.

After they advance inside the space they managed to awaken their bloodline and display 30 percent of its strength. This is the first time they transformed in combat so they're exuding a strong fighting spirit.

Even Feng Chen's scalp goes numb at their sight, how could he forget he came here with these maniacs? He looks at these people with pity, he saw how terrifying this half devil and half beast fought before.

This happens in just a matter of short time so the troops of bandits were caught unprepared, especially their dismissive leader.

Before he could swallow his food a cold sinister intent was quickly approaching his back. Luckily, he managed to dodge on time.

Seeing the rock, he was just sitting on a few breaths ago shattered into pieces when mo ling's claws hit it with raw and explosive energy, cold sweat trickled all over his body as he trembled with fright.

His subordinates shouted in alarm but they were too late, in a blink, their throats were cut into slits at hong mei's move.   With a thud they fall down with wide-open eyes, mouths gaping not knowing how they died.

"w-what are you people?" he blurted with fear when he saw their smiling yet sinister appearance that resembled a devil and a beast.

Beast men and devil men were nonexistent in the lower realm, they all came from the higher realm so he couldn't tell what they are at a glance, though stories from the ancient time about such existence were passed down from generation to generation.