CHAPTER 161: City under sieged (2)

Yu Yue face-palmed mentally. How could she forget, little purple evolves into the queen of flowers long ago, and the twilight-thorned vines she told the patriarchs to cultivate painstakingly?

She shook her head sheepishly and went back to observing the scenes. Little White and Little Black transformed into a fluff of balls and jump into Yu Yue's shoulders, occupying each side.

Meanwhile, back at the city border, the guards stationed there were just feeling helpless and in despair. They were just about to fight it to death with red eyes brimming with hatred at the opposing troops when they saw their dead if not half-dead comrades.

Before they could do so, deep green thorned vines crawled forming a barricade, blocking off the advancing troops of blue thunder city.

Those who aren't lucky enough to quickly react were punctured like a hedgehog.

"Isn't that vines those twilight-thorned vines the city lord told us to painstakingly cultivate?"

"How did the city lord know that we are under attack though?"

"Right, no one managed to escape and send news"

They froze and mumbled to themselves, echoing their puzzled thoughts. They were still in doubt when general change finally arrived. 

"what's going on?" general chang asked suspiciously as he stared at the vines forming a barricade preventing the troops from blue thunder city from advancing. The Zhou clansmen were assigned to oversee the invading troops. He didn't give up and kept sending men to break through the barricade.

"Ancestor Zhou, if we keep sending our men. We would be short of people when we break through the barricade. These vines are strange, I thought hundred flower city's guardian spirit plant is just a level 9 rank. Besides, these vines don't seem to be its vine from the legends..." however, before he could finish his words a loud slap echoed.

"Pak!" 

"hmmp, I know that. Besides, these vines are almost exhausted. Just a little push and that barricade would be gone" he shouted shrilly. He's always been hot-tempered; he's rushing to quickly shower this goddammed backwater city with blood as a price to pay for killing his grandson.

"..." the captain quietened aggrievedly as he held his swollen face.

On the east side, the same thing happened. However, this didn't stop them from attacking. Although the troops from the rainbow flame city aren't that strong, they win by sheer numbers. Therefore, before the ancestors arrived the vines were already exhausted from the bombarding attacks. Thankfully, that brief moment allows the troops stationed in the borders to recover.

Soon enough the melee battle ensued, and when the ancestors arrived the battle quickly turned in their favor.

Seeing what just transpired, Yu Yue frowned. The king's beast and the tailing troops were still advancing, even though little purple hindered them along the way, it isn't enough to take care of them.