CHAPTER 158: Undead queen (1)

The skeletons started charging at them in hordes, and the three of them and their subordinates stood there unmoving.

"you two lead everyone and take care of this garbage for me. I'll deal with the source of this problem" Hua Ling spoke without looking at them. She then leaps midair as her holy maiden's staff twirled once and vibrated intensely releasing pure holy energy. Once the opposing energy clashed with the death energy the skeletons fell to the ground like a pile of junk.

"hehe. Interesting! You just reminded me of someone, especially that toy you have in there" an eerie unidentified voice reverberated lazily with a tinged of amusement. 

Hua Ling's eyes narrowed deeply; she finally located the source of this calamity. A skeleton with a thick and menacing aura like a black fog around watched on from deep inside the temple. Hua Ling leaps inside the temple, she felt familiarity hearing this eerie voice. 

"Right back at you crybaby queen" she snorted expressionlessly but her eyes shone brightly with recognition.

The undead queen paused in her tracks in a daze, she pointed her skeletal fingers at Hua Ling mechanically.

"Pretentious holy maiden? I-is that you? Are you guys finally back?" she muttered full of disbelief; her voice shrill.

"Ugh, change back to your disguise. You sound as irritating as ever Wang Ling" Hua Ling said amusedly as she rolled her eyes.

Wang Ling's body paused rigidly, after a while a puff of black smoke appeared and the sight of the undead queen disappeared. A plump little girl with protruding sharp fangs and bat wings appeared.

"bohuhu, you're so mean. You said you won't leave me alone. But you all leave me alone for hundreds of millenniums. I hate you all!" she cried sharply, piercing Hua Ling's eardrums. She then flew into Hua Ling's embrace like a shooting star.

She cried pitifully as she hugs her neck tightly, refusing to let go. Hua Ling choke in a coughing fit, she tried to pacify this crybaby queen and it took hours before it works.

Wang Ling hiccuped as she aggrievedly glared at Hua Ling's familiar face.

"Ahem, aren't I back now? Why are you still angry?" Hua Ling sighed helplessly. "Oh right, you should stop throwing a tantrum, or else those two and the others might end up dead by now." she said sheepishly as she rubs Wang Ling's head tenderly. She wasn't worried about the two that much, but she doesn't want unnecessary death.

Her face showed a rare tender smile, she remembered, she was only like this towards this brat of a crybaby queen.

"Who are they? They seemed a little familiar." She asked coquettishly as she begrudgingly lifts her suffocating death energy. Hua Ling's face was already pale from exhaustion. She's still too weak to deal with this little brat. If not because of her holy maiden's staff she might not be able to resist Wang Ling's death energy.

Mo Ling and hong mei glance at each other doubtfully, as the skeletons went back into a pile of bones at the same time.

"It's Mo Ling and Hong Mei, the half-beast and half-devil guardians." Hua Ling replied absentmindedly.

Wang Ling was stunned, "they're back too. How about master? The others?" she asked full of anticipation.

"Master is also back, but she didn't remember anything. She lost her previous memories and strength." She said tactfully, she was not sure how to tell this little brat about the others.
"How about the other guardians?" Wang Ling blinks her red eyes limpidly.

"t-that... you are the seventh celestial guardian we met so far. You can go back with us to meet the master and the others" she hesitated for a while and replied shortly.