CHAPTER 196: Pretending to be a pig (1)

The shadow guard just smiled knowingly, and he then teased. "little phoenix stops pretending to be a pig anymore" he said, little phoenix transformed into a five-year-old kid as it harrumphs conceitedly.

"hmph, what do you know? Pretending to be a pig is always fun, so many people get fooled" he said proudly as if it's something to be.

"that's my little phoenix" the princess praised dotingly. Yu Yue didn't realize it yet, but how can the fire dragon grass be found so easily in the skirts of the inner area?

"There's no way those bunch of trash from the Huaxian empire can defeat this lord" little phoenix said haughtily with a snort. 

The shadow guard was amused by their antics.

"so how did it go?" he asked curiously.

"it goes well, she's really cautious. Fortunately, I knew her well according to my dreams." She replied with a deep smile.

"seems like you have a great time seeing her...again" he trailed off seeing through her.

"hehe, too bad I wasn't able to meet everyone. But, sooner I'll be able to finally leave this place. But before that, I have to help my elder brother first" she said as her lips curled. She opened her palms and the flame firefly queen appeared.

"you've done well little firefly" she caressed it dotingly, the flame firefly queen shook its wings lovingly.

The phoenix empire managed to keep it up this long thanks to the flame fireflies, they are good at hiding themselves and they could communicate telepathically with each other over long distances so they are ideal for delivering messages and spying. Her people were contracted with flame fireflies as well so they could easily communicate.

So when Yu Yue entered the borders of the phoenix empire she recognizes her face according to the flame fireflies' shared vision as the person in her dreams. Like Hua Ling she also started having recollections from her past life. "she's just as interesting as I expected her to be" she said absentmindedly as the scenes back then played out in her mind.

"by the way, the empress is looking for you. She forced us to spill everything so Han Shi and I weren't able to cover for you. You knew her well; she can't be fooled easily. There seems to be a situation" he said thoughtfully, distracting the princess with her thoughts with a flick of his white hair, his grey eyes sparkled mesmerizingly.

"Got it, I also have something to discuss with mother" she replied shortly. Unlike her father, her mother has quite the character.