37. 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: contain mentions of injury, may contain triggering content, yandere behaviour, non-consensual touching and yandere content.

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: When a study session suddenly turns dark, you can only hope to leave safely. However, things might not be that easy. Betrayal is often performed by people most dear to us. That's the sad truth at times.

 That's the sad truth at times

'Is this.. even a study session by now.'

There's much to unpack after the awkward episode, your mind is thrown into unease, the air lingering around you both felt stifling, tensed. Kaminari remains silent, eyes blown wide, glimpsing over his actions, his fingers gripping the pencil in hand as he dozed off to his own anxious thoughts. You wanted to speak up, but words at the tip of your tongue did not seem good enough to utter, at least not without risking more discomfiture. You simply look down, your heartbeat accelerating, body heating up, comprehensive of your next move.

'Perhaps.. I should just leave. I don't think I could handle another.. awkward situation.' You think to yourself, glancing over to kaminari who still kept his gaze low. 'He.. looks out of it, I don't think he can focus after all that.'

"Hey um.." you started, avoiding looking into his eyes, briefly looking over to the door. "I think I should leave." You said quickly standing up. Kaminari's face.. didn't quite look happy, taking in your words, he simply nods, slipping a noise of agreement, which, to your dismay, sounded dull.

"You should forget about it, I.. um don't think you meant it that way."

'Right?'

Hearing no response, you turn back, thinking about swiftly taking your leave, however, the moment your fingers come into contact with the handle, you hear him approach you, slamming you into the door, halting your flit. His chest heaved, pressing himself into you, his breath touching your neck, you feel him trying to numb your movements, shocked into stillness. "..I'm sorry I just can't let it go." He breathlessly chants, his face lowered to yours, softly inhaling your scent.

"What are you doing? Let go Kaminari, this isn't okay!" You struggle, but he's quick to stop. "Please.. you have to listen to me! I just can't pretend it doesn't matter." He pleaded.

He takes a moment to calm himself, "I.. I'm in love with you! I know-- I know you might not believe me because I've said it so many times, but I really mean it!" He confessed, resting his face in your neck, gently breathing in and out.

"I.. I really really love you." He said.

Bewildered, you remained quiet, soaking in his words, there's so much you have to ask, but words do not seem enough to express your intentions, your confusion. His confession explains his advances, but does not justify it, he did not mean it ill but it succeeded in making things between you unquiet. Awkward.

"Can you.. let me turn around?" You asked, counting the times he's said sorry, you blink, thinking over everything, unfortunately still not coming up with a proper response even after taking off time to compose yourself. You and him have been friends since your first day at U.A, in such short period of time, developing a rather deep bond, a platonic one from your side. You can understand where he's coming from, you both are around each other most of the time, but.. things feel.. odd to you, he's your friend and you just can not bring yourself to view him as a romantic partner, just yet.

You look him in the eyes, he appeared pale and worried, it didn't seem like him, it was uncharacteristic. You hesitate for a second, but take a step to start.

"I respect your feelings, but I don't think I'm ready for a romantic relationship. We're.. barely adults." You answered. Moving your eyes away, feeling fidgety, anxious with the sudden flip of events.

"I really like you as well but.. we are still kids, training to be heroes. I'm sorry, I don't think right now is the good time to start a serious relationship."

Kaminari sits still, unmoving. Staring towards the ground with a empty gaze, lips sealed tight, eyes unblinking, you could imagine his reaction, you would be in disbelief yourself. "Then.." startled by his voice, you stare into his eyes.

"When should we start a relationship then?" He asked, standing up from his seat, he breathes in a deep breath, as if--

"I want us to be together as soon as possible." He chokes out, aggressively blinking back the tears.

"We have to be patient. Kaminari."

He stares off into space, drinking in your bitter words, he wants to refuse, he wants to refuse. But..

He ceases for a minute, all of a sudden. He smiles to himself, he gives you a fond grin, letting out a sigh of relief, defeat. Moving his hand behind his neck, he awkwardly starts to speak.

"You.. you are right y/n. Good thing... you-- are here to hold me back from doing anything reckless." He mused.

"Ah.. what would I do without you."

You smile, feeling the tension in the air dissolve, earning you an ounce of ease. "Of course, I'm always gonna be here for you." You said, smiling fondly. He returns back the gesture, his features soft and sad.

There's a moment of silence, no sound, nothing, everything seemed right. But at the same time, it didn't.

"I--i should really get going, my parents will get worried, I'll see you tomorrow.!" You said, walking out of the room, kaminari slowly following behind you. "Yeah.. sure."

Stopping at the entrance, you turn towards your friend who takes his time to near you, "well, seee you tomorrow!" He smiles. His hands stuck to his back, gazing at your figure, Turning your back, you grab the handle, however it doesn't move. 'Oh.. it's locked.'

You can hear him behind you, his footsteps coming to a quiet stop. Your heartbeat paces up, dread dawning upon you. Your insides curling in themselves, as you slowly take the courage to look back.

"Kaminari-" you turned around, only to be met with a terrifying sight of your friend holding up a bat in his hand, ready to swing it at your head, you can only stare into his petrified eyes as pain floods your senses, collapsing to the ground, feeling the world spin, your head coming to terms with the horrid pain, you groan, feeling your vision blackening, noises ringing inside your ear.

"Maybe you should stay with me till then."

You hear kaminari utter, barely able to make it out. You can only think about how you're going to fight back against your friend, with a possible concussion.

"Till you and I can be together."

•••••••