40. 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 ???

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: May contain triggering content, implied Stockholm syndrome, yandere content. Additionally, any rude or hateful comments will be deleted. Thank you very much.

°°°°

Would he have liked me for doing what he says? Even though, it reeks of selfishness.

Sometimes, I feel like I shouldn't care whether he adores me or not anymore, but at times, I can't resist, it's all I can think of. Thoughts are one-sided, biased, wrong, ill-intended, I question myself, am I a bad person? I shouldn't think too much, I know I'll only make it more perplexing than it is. Our minds can be easily influenced by ones we love, it's not a bad thing, but if the host is harmful, your brain might just certify itself that it is not wrong.

So that brings me to a question, am I... Slowly turning into him? Evolving like him? Adjusting myself for his solace, littering my mind with doubts when I'm no near a fault, to a point, I can't think of what's right and wrong anymore, I just... Can't provoke me to care.

I can't tell when he's fiddling with my mind, I can not tell when I'm being manipulated, I'm so uncertain of myself, I don't know what I should do.

Am I surely turning crazy?

"Babe? Are you listening to me?" He talked, with a concerning tone in his soft voice, what am I doing? I restraint myself from looking straight into his eyes, instead, gripping on my fingers with sudden ferocity.

"Yes. Honey, I just got distracted by the pile of dishes I have to wash." I reasoned, pointing a meek glance behind him. He could probably tell that wasn't exactly what I was thinking about.

"I can help with that, babe you know you can ask me for help, right?" He responds, leaning his head forward with a strong gaze. I moved my eyes down, contemplating my next choice of words, "yeah. I know."

"Why don't you ask your husband to help you around the house then?" He grinned, slowly bending back to his seat, I merely looked at him, palms starting to feel a little wet. "Could you please aid me with my quest to wash the dishes?" I asked, stretching on a playful smile. And he in turn returns one.

"I'd love to, anything for my darling wife."

He continued, "first why don't you finish your meal? I've noticed you avoiding food, which is a rare case, what's wrong?" He said, glaring at me with an interrogating gaze. I had nothing to hide, so I thought of an honest reply.

"I was thinking about dieting, to lower my weight a bit, I've gots to be healthy enough to become a mother." I answered back, swiftly taking a small bite of my sandwich.

"If that's what you want, I can't complain." He smiled, shying away from brief eye contact. "You should rest, I can take care of the dishes for you."

"That's great, you won't be able to disturb me while I'm busy now." I cheered, quickly grinding down the rest of my sandwich and shooting him a mischievous look. "Haha very funny, I can still come around after completing it." He spoke, taking away my emptied plate.

"Yeah yeah, good luck getting inside my room," I replied, gapping the distance between us.

I may have lied, but it's what I've learned from you.