43. 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐘𝐚𝐠𝐢

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: May contain triggering content, implied stalking, very mild yandere behavior, use of violence.

𝐒𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬: You just escaped the mastermind behind the league of villains, and you had the luck of running into someone most knew. In an alley, everything was destined to go wrong, one way or another. 

••••

Another kick earned the tormentor a healthy amount of blood.

Three men loomed over the young injured woman, prone on the grimy ground, skin littered with bruises and faint cuts, tears mixing in with the blood on her face, droplets eventually ceased as pain overtook her thoughts. Unyielding and rigid hits aimed at her stomach continued to increase, one particularly hard punt drew out a miserable yelp, and she clenched the throbbing spot, crying out as one of the men stepped out to take the lead. He bent down to her level, firmly stating his question, "Where is the boy?" he said, gathering a handful of hairs to force her to meet eyes. Disoriented, the twenty-year-old opened her mouth and uttered with a weak voice, "I don't know what you are talking about.." and she grinned, "it could be anyone.." irked by the response, the man swiftly threw her head down, harsh enough to cause a considerable sum of agony. "Don't play dumb with us, we know you ran away with him." one of them announced, venom dripping in his tone. She groaned, gazing up at them with a mischievous glint, "and if I got rid of him?" this secured a clear kick to her face, knocking her back, "listen here, you dumb woman, you either tell us where he is or else we'll take you back to him."

"To be honest, we are doing you a favor by not taking you to him the moment we found you, you ought to be more grateful than this." said another one, arms folded across his chest, glaring down at the inebriated woman. "wanna tell us where you are hiding the boy?" asked the one closest to the twenty-year-old, prepared to land another hit if need be, "you do know he would be enraged if he saw me like this, you sure you wanna take that sort of risk." bit back the female, slowly rising. The three men smirked, saying, "we don't have to worry about that, boss did give us permission to use violence if you did resist."

She simply kept quiet, contemplating her next move, gently wiping the red stain from under her nose, her eyes grew teary for a second but quickly returned to a profound gleam, she briefly eyes her pursuers, racked her brain for a hasty solution. On her hands and knees, she lifted her torso, only to fall as the tortuous pain busied her mind.

"Just kill me." she muttered, "I can't go back to him, I'd rather stay on the streets than be with him." The men stopped to laugh, then suddenly added more pain to endure. "We could help you with that but sadly we can't, not without risking our own life, so now, tell us where you are hiding his successor." she fiercely glared at them, boldly retorted.

"I'm not giving up my son."

"Look if you know what's best for you, you better open your mouth and tell us where you are hiding the boy." they pressured, one of them in the far back pulls out a gun, pushing back the two others, and directed the aim towards the helpless woman. "let's just kill her off and call it a day." he nonchalantly simpered, his index finger primed to draw the trigger, it would have been a quick head-shot if it weren't for his partners, who in a nick of time towed his gun away from the female and instead fired a shot in the air, giving off their location to nearby civilians and perhaps heroes, instantly the small group panicked, loudly sounding their thoughts.

"Are you crazy?! We can't just kill her and not think what will happen to us if he finds out!" shouted the man, glaring at the culprit. "Who cares?! We are dead anyway!!" grinned the man with the pistol, surprising his partners in crime. "Are you out of your mind?! if you wanna die, be our guest! Don't go dragging us into trouble too!"

The twenty-year-old still confounded by the sudden turn of the outcome, sat tight and watched her distracted tormentors with wide eyes, she thought she had gotten used to having a weapon being pointed at her face but not so much, she was caught off-guard and she should have known better. Quickly discarding her thoughts, she rose to her shaky feet and dashed towards the other side, immediately garnering their attention, "You idiots!! she's getting away!"

she heard them yell, luckily she had gotten a head-start, despite the pain somewhat slowing her down, she carried on her desperate sprint, bumping into whatever came her way and intentionally knocking them off to hinder them in small ways. Woefully, something caught onto her leg and she tripped, falling face-first in a puddle, she turned around to face them, watching them steadily near her, dreadfully she began dragging her body, forlorn, and determined to get away. She clenched her teeth, quickly screaming out for help, she had to get away, or else she may never have her son in peace.

In some part of her, she was almost ready to give up, even after all that she had undergone to reach where she is, she just...

Then, a voice most familiar called out.

"Fear not citizen! Help has arrived!"

In-between her and her pursuers stood the number one hero, all might, towering over her and there he stands like a pillar, protecting her from her demise.

Though she couldn't see his expression, she could sense dread crawling over to her, and her terrified mockers had no guts to stay in their positions. But unfortunately for them, the top hero wasn't feeling his usual. She could get away now but, it took a lot out of her to move, now that the adrenaline was fading off, she could visibly feel the soreness setting in, she had tripped and possibly twisted her ankle in a frenzy, however, she could manage.

"No! You stay right there miss!" The loud demanding voice of the hero halts her in her tracks, looking back to see him holding one of the men by the throat, throwing the man away like a rag doll when he noticed her leaving.

"I can't let you leave." He said with a firm tone, nearing her form, nervously she stepped back, not knowing what he meant by that, she could help herself if that was what he was concerned about. "I need to see my son." she calmly states, staring up at the tall hero.

"I'm aware."

END OF DAY ONE