Chapter 2: First Meet

Chapter 2

"A-Xian...A-Xian..."
Jiang Yanli called her brother who had fallen asleep on the boat on their way here...

"If you don't come out of the boat soon...I'll let the dog loose..."
Jiang Cheng threatened as usual...

On hearing his Shiji's voice, Wei Ying sat up abruptly shouting "Shiji"...

"A-ji...See...it works all the time..."
Jiang Cheng said to his sister proudly....

"Shiji..."
Wei Ying called out again panicking while looking around...

"A-Xian...we are here...on the shore..."
Jiang Yanli said waving at him worried...

Wei Ying sighed in relief seeing his sister whom he had missed earlier because of the crowd...
"Shiji..."
He said relieved...

"A-Xian...Come out..."
She said to him with a soft smile...

"I told you not to scare A-Xian..."
She scolded Jiang Cheng lightly slapping on his arms...

Wei Ying sighed...
He had been so exhausted that he didn't know when he fell asleep...

"I didn't realize that we had reached..."
Wei Ying said to them...

"Of course you didn't...with how you were sleeping I don't think you would wake up even If the world was to end..."
Jiang Cheng said making faces at Wei Ying...

"Wait for me...I'm coming...I'm coming..."
Wei Ying said hoping through the boats and jumping to the pier...

"We haven't reached Cloud Recesses yet...this is Caiyi town..."
Jiang Yanli explained to him...

Caiyi...Wei Ying remembered visiting here when the waterborn abyss had attacked...
That day Lan Zhan had saved him...

Lan Zhan...
His thoughts went to what happened in the Nevernight City...

How funny was it that when everybody was praising him and encouraging him to use crafty arts during the sunshot campaign Lan Zhan was the only one who was against it saying it would affect his temperament...

And when the everybody wanted him dead...Lan Zhan was there with him inspite of his injuries...trying to save him...

You are an enigma Lan Wanji...
Wei Ying thought to himself...

He had misunderstood Lan Zhan and his intentions in his past life....and he promised himself to not do it again..

"Being outside is totally different from being at home...you have to be very mindful about your actions..."
Jiang Yanli said to them...

"Exactly...Wei Wuxian...we will be reaching Cloud Recesses soon...disciples from all major sects are going to attend the lectures...let's not have all of them judge us by your actions alone...ok.."
Jiang Cheng said to him...

Rest assured Jiang Cheng...This time along...I won't do anything to bring attention to myself and cause trouble to the Lotus Cove...

"A-ji...it was a really tiring journey from Yunmeng...why don't we first find an inn to rest and then go to Cloud Recesses later...?"
Jiang Cheng said to Jiang Yanli