Chapter 13: Bittersweet

Chapter 13
Bittersweet...

(A/N: Flashbacks are given in italics..)

Lan Zhan's POV

Lan Zhan was going to the class when he saw Wei Ying, Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng walking in the corridor parallel to his...

Seeing him Wei Ying waved both his hands at him like an excited child...

"Ji-xiong...Ji-xiong..."
Wei Ying called...
"It's me...it's me..."

Lan Zhan turned and walked away...

Knowing that Wei Ying would follow him he walked to a spot behind the mountains which Wei Ying wasn't familiar with and started playing played the first music that came to his mind...

It wasn't any surprise that he was playing their song-Wangxian...afterall Wei Ying had been occupying his mind and his thoughts for long now...

His thoughts went back to what was happening since yesterday...

***********
Flashback...

The Wens had come and made a mess at the ceremonial event right when Jiang Cheng was presenting his gifts to Shufu...

And unlike the last time where Wei Ying stepped up he was usually quiet not wanting to draw attention to himself...
It was a one sided boasting/demeaning from Wen Chao as nobody came forward...

Lan Zhan realized that Wei Ying was consciously making himself a mere shadow of what he was before in order to not get hurt...

But seeing Wei Ying like this reminded him that this was what he tried to make him earlier...

He sure had fallen in love with a chaotic Wei Ying, but in his heart he had always wanted to change what Wei Ying was...He had wanted Wei Ying to be prim and proper...drawing less good and bad attention to himself...

He wanted him to be less chaotic, easygoing when he was studying in gusu...
Later he wanted him to not practice crafty arts...and instead of helping him through it he had always reprimanded him...

He wanted him to go with the cultivation world...and not stand against them alone...
He basically wanted to change everything Wei Ying was in the past life..didnt he..?
Lan Zhan wondered...

And now even Wei Ying's smiles were fake...it was still charming and beautiful but it had lost the life it carried earlier...
Wei Ying was too controlled about every action of his...Every chaotic essence of him was replaced by control...
He was too aware about everything happening around him which made him less easygoing....
He was getting too closed off...

After practically wanting to change him, it was too late when he realized that he should have stayed by his side no matter what...

He had chosen this goody two shoes cultivation clans instead of Wei Ying...

And now the way Wei Ying was handling himself seemed like a slap to his face...

Lan Zhan placed his hands on the zither to stop the music...

He and Wei Ying had decided to look out in the back of the mountains...

An idea formed in Lan Zhan's mind...
He was not going to let Wei Ying hide himself...atleast not with him...
With that in mind Lan Zhan made his way outside the Cloud recesses...

************

Lan Zhan walked back towards the cloud recesses before twilight...

He made his way towards Wei Ying's quarters and was about to knock on the door when he saw his brother coming towards him...