Chapter 11: Soulmates

Chapter 11
Soulmates...

"I had once taken you as my soulmate."

"I still am."~The tone in which Lan Zhan replied, however, was still the single syllable, as steady as ever,

'Mnn.' After the 'mnn', he added, 'I am here.'

Hearing the words, something that Wei Wuxian had never felt before sprouted within his heart. It was like sorrow. His chest hurt a bit, but also felt a bit warm.

****************

(A/N: I decided to change the previous 2 chapters a little...I wanted Wei Ying to start having feelings for Lan Zhan without knowing about Lan Zhan's feelings for him...i didnt want it to be a "I love you because you love me" scenario....So Wei Ying thinks that Lan Zhan is not the mystery kisser...but in his mind/imagination the mystery kisser is Lan Zhan...😉🥰...End of A/N)

Wei Ying chuckled seeing Lan Zhan place the sleeping baby bunny in the playpen in his cottage delicately...

Lan Zhan looked up at Wei Ying raising his eyebrows questioningly...

"Nothing...I'm just thrilled to see this new delicate side of the esteemed Hanguang Jun..."
Wei Ying said to him...

"Not to mention the fact that you are breaking half a dozen rules to keep it here...Lan Wanji of the past would definitely have judged you harshly..."
He added smiling...

"No...I kept the bunnies Wei Ying brought me back then..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

"Oh...Lan Zhan...You big softie..."
Wei Ying said chuckling...

"Wei Ying...You should go back to your cottage and get some rest..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

"Lan Zhan...Are you trying to shoo me away...?"
Wei Ying asked him as he made himself comfortable in Lan Zhan's room...
You should shoo yourself away in the first place Wei Ying...

"The curfew will start soon...And I know Wei Ying is trying to stay out of trouble..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

"Besides Wei Ying really need a good sleep..."

Silence ensued...
Wei Ying jumped towards the rooftop of Lan Zhan's house...

"Oh my...how I missed this..I have never seen roof tiles so soft as Gusu's anywhere else..."
He said patting on the tiles and then laid down on the roof...

"If I had some Tiānzǐ Xiao...now this would have been a perfect moment..."
Wei Ying said stretching...

"Anyways...Don't mind me Lan Zhan...you carry on with your routine..."
He said with a smile to Lan Zhan who was standing on the ground...

Wei Ying closed his eyes and sighed deeply...

"The world is a huge room, I'll take the sky as my quilt and the ground as my matting..."

A few seconds later Wei Ying opened his eyes feeling Lan Zhan's presence...

Wei Ying gasped and placed his hand against his chest dramatically seeing the man hold the jar of Emperor's smile...

"Lan Zhan...Is that what I think it is...?Is that Tiānzǐ Xiào...?"
Wei Ying whispered...

Lan Zhan was handing it to Wei Ying like how people would give flowers to their lovers...

"You are teasing me right...?it's water...right...?"
Wei Ying asked looking at Lan Zhan taking the jar from him...

When he brought the jar close to himself he got a whiff of his favorite alcohol...