Chapter 10: Yunmeng Trio

Chapter 10
Yunmeng Trio...

"A-Cheng...don't tire yourself too much...Tomorrow is the start of the official lectures..."
Jiang Yanli said seeing her brother train hard...

"A-Ji...Since we came to gusu..i can't help but notice that Wei Wuxian has changed..."
Jiang Cheng said...

"Let him be A-Cheng...Even though it is hard for him to cope with these rules and discipline, he is doing it to uphold Yunmeng Jiang clan's honor... "

"A-Ji...All our ancestors were born as free wanderers...They advocated comfort, straightforwardness, magnanimity and being unrestrained...wasn't THAT Wei Wuxian's nature...?"
Jiang Cheng said in an irritating tone..

Jiang Yanli laughed hearing her brother...

"A-Cheng...Weren't you the one who kept lecturing him to behave so that he doesn't let down our clan...?"
She asked her brother who pouted...

"Don't be too worried..."
She added...

"I told myself that his free spirited ways were the reason why father likes him so much...I always kept wondering if father would like him as much if Wei Wuxian is not like that...and i tried hard to change him...to make him more like myself..."
Jiang Cheng said to his sister...

"But now seeing him devoid of his usual theatrics...seeing him act just like me...I...realized that I wanted to change him because I was jealous of him...jealous of how he enjoyed life...jealous of how free he was..."
He added...

"I miss him A-Ji...i miss him so much..I... never wanted this to happen..."

"A-Cheng..."
Jiang Yanli called placing her hand on her brother's shoulder...

"I can't even be good with my own brother...i should be able to protect him the way he is right...?how will I ever be a good sect leader if i cant protect my own brother the way he is...?"
He asked his sister...

"Jiang Cheng...We never know what future holds for us...but I know for sure that you will be an amazing person and also an amazing sect leader...you just need to understand that each person is different...what one person needs may be different from what other needs..."

"You are more like...our mother...strict... tough..always in control ...but you need to know that it is OK to unrestrained...you don't have to try so hard to prove anything to anybody..."

"And coming to A-Xian...On the outside...Your words for A-Xian are harsh, but inside you really worry about him..."
Jiang Yanli said her brother...

"I do not..."
Jiang Cheng said pouting...

Jiang Yanli laughed...

"You all are here..."
Wei Ying said as he ran inside like his tail was on fire...

"You again...?"
Jiang Cheng snapped...

"Keep your voice down...do you want to write the 3500+ rules of Lan Clan 300 times before the lecture even starts...?"
Wei Ying asked him...

"What's it to you...?I'll write the rules 300 times if I want to...or more if I feel like it..."
Jiang Cheng said to Wei Ying...

"You know what....Shout all you want...don't come crying to me when you struggle and your hands go numb..."
Wei Ying said...

"Wei Wuxian...you..."

"Stop it you two..."
Jiang Yanli said to the two of them...

Wei Ying smiled sheepishly at his shiji...