Chapter 21: Demons

Chapter 21
Demons...

We don't fall in love with people because they're good people. We fall in love with people whose darkness we recognise. You can fall in love with a person for all of the right reasons, but that kind of love can still fall apart. But when you fall in love with a person because your monsters have found a home in them-- that's the kind of love that owns your skin and bones. Love, I am convinced, is found in the darkness. It is the candle in the night.

C. JoyBell C.

"Have you lost your freaking mind...?"
Jin Guangshan shouted at his son as soon as he reached the inner room making sure that nobody was eavesdropping....

"You are the one who has lost your mind Father..."
Jin Zixuan snapped back...
"Jiang Guniang and I were engaged to each other since the time I can remember...And we both are happy with that...How dare you break that engagement...?"

"I was trying to save you from incurring the wrath of the Wen clan...Can't you see Wen Gunzi is clearly smitten by her...Fighting with him won't end well for us and our sect..."

"Oh Please...Like I would ever believe that you care about anything but yourself...Just say your are a spineless coward and was saving your sorry ass..."
Jim Zixuan asked mockingly...

"YOU..."
Jin Guangshan shouted angrily....

"What happened...?Why are you two fighting with each other...?"
Madam Jin asked as soon as she walked inside the hall...

"I decided to call off the engagement between A'Xuan and that girl.."
Jin Guangshan said to his wife...

"What...?"
Madam Jin burst out shocked...

"THAT GIRL HAS A NAME..."
Jin Zixuan shouted at his father at the same time...

"DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE..."
Jin Guangshan snapped...
Madam Jin looked at Jin Zixuan who stepped towards his father angrily...

Madam Jin placed her hand on his shoulder stopping him...

Jin Zixuan calmed himself down...
He then looked at his father smiling mockingly...
"Of course...You don't care..."
He said calmly...
"You have never cared...You have never cared about your wife nor your child...If you had you wouldn't have slept around or flaunted your mistresses in our faces...If you had you would have known what we feel about your philandering ways...When will I learn that it's futile to expect a man whore like you to care about anything but yourself...?"

"ZIXUAN..."

"You are fighting with your father for a girl...?I didn't raise you to act like a fool...So what if the engagement is off...?You will get thousands better suited than her...Stop whining like a baby and grow up..."

"How DARE you talk to my son like that, Guangshan...?"
Madam Jin asked Jin Guangshan angrily...

This made Jin Guangshan to pipe down...
"I..."

"If not like being a cheating bag of crap like you makes me a fool in your eyes then so be it, father..."
Jin Zixuan snapped at his father...

"YOU..."

"Who do you think you are to call of the engagement that I fixed...?"
Madam Jin asked Jin Guangshan...

"Wen Gunzi is smitten by Jiang Guniang...I don't want A'Xuan's engagement to that girl to offend the Wens...I was only trying to save him from getting slaughtered by the Wens...We stand no chance against them and their army of puppets controlled by the Yin metal..."
Jin Guangshan said to Madam Jin...