Chapter 15: Twists

Chapter 15
Twists

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were speaking indirectly about finding a way to thwart Wen spies when they saw Jin Zixuan passby...

Wei Ying sighed remembering how he and Jin peaco...err...Jin Zixuan were at logger heads in the past life for humiliating Jiang Yanli by his pigheadedness...

But in this life strangely from what he had seen of Jin Zixuan, the man cherished her, respected her and cared for her...

That brought back to fore one of the thoughts he was having off late...

"Sometimes I wonder if you remember what happened to you little bunny..."
Wei Ying said petting the whimpering baby rabbit...
"If you remember the monster who brought about all these misery..."
He added...

Lan Zhan knew he was referring to himself in context of what happened to Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan...

"But then I think that there is no way you wouldn't loath the monster who did this to you...if you did...You would...you would hate it...and never go near him ever.."
Wei Ying said to the fluffball in his arms...

The little bunny wiggled in his arms..

"What happened to him was unfortunate...It wasn't anybody's fault...I don't think he would blame anybody for what happened..."
Lan Zhan said placing his hands over Wei Ying's and then rubbing tiny circles on the bunny's forehead...

Wei Ying chuckled humorlessly...

"You shouldn't ever trust that monster little rabbit...He will only hurt you and let you down ultimately..."
Wei Ying said...

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan started to say when they saw Lan Xichen walking inside...

"Wanji...Uncle is asking you abo...?Wei Gunzi...Is that a rabbit you are holding...?"
Lan Xichen trailed off looking at the rabbit and then at them...

"I can explain Zewu-Jun..."
Wei Ying started to say panicking but was interrupted by Lan Zhan...

"Brother..."
Lan Zhan started to say but was interrupted by Lan Xichen...

"Wanji...I'm so disappointed in you...Atleast Wei Gunzi has the excuse that he is only learning about the rules now...But you...?I thought I already told you that next time I find you breaking rules, you will be punished..."
Lan Xichen said seriously...
"First you brought alcohol to cloud recesses.."

"Zewu-Jun...it was for..."
Wei Ying started to say...

"I don't want to hear any excuses Wei Gunzi...you two are coming with me to Uncle..."
Lan Xichen said adamantly...

Wei Ying sighed...
So much for not getting into the bad books of old Master Lan...He was getting into the bad books of Zewu-Jun as well...And he was pulling Lan Zhan down with him too...

Considering the fact that they both were getting called out twice in the same day...
Well...He would forever be in that little black book of Old Lan...And the old man will be angry with Lan Zhan as well...
Wei Ying sighed again...

"Wei Ying has nothing to do with what happened...I was the one who brought the rabbit to my cottage here inspite of knowing the rules...He had stopped by for something and then helped me dress the wounds of the rabbit...About the alcohol I was the one who brought it in my own free will..."
Lan Zhan said to Lan Xichen...

"Heyyyy...What the...Don't you dare..."
Wei Ying said looking at Lan Zhan sternly while wriggling his forefinger at the man...

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan said turning towards him...