Chapter 19: Unrestrained

Chapter 19
Unrestrained

"Wen Zhuliu is called core crusher because he can melt cultivators golden core..."
Wei Ying said his words almost a whisper...

"How do you know Wei Gunzi...?"
Lan Xichen asked him...
"We haven't heard of even a case where such a thing has happened..."

"I..."
Wei Ying stuttered...

Lan Zhan looked at him thoughtfully...
Those words brought an angle to the fore in his mind..
Something that he had never considered before...

****************
"Wei Gunzi...How..."
Lan Xichen started to ask but then trailed off immediately as the protective ward he had set outside the frost room was disturbed...

"Why isn't he being punished...?"
Wen Chao asked pompously while pointing at Jin Zixuan as soon as he walked inside with Wen Zhuliu trailing after him..

"Wen Gunzi since you are here in Cloud recesses...I would rather you show some decorum..."
Lan xichen said to him sternly...

Wen Chao chuckled mockingly...

"You can talk about decorum when he is not even getting punished for assaulting me...?"
Wen Chao asked him...

"Jiang Guniang is my fiancee...I have every right to defend her honor when a skunk like you make inappropriate advances towards her...You are the one who should be punished...And since you are not taking the punishment I don't see why I should get punished for doing the right thing..."
Jin Zixuan said to Wen Chao angrily...

"Fiancee...?don't make me laugh..."
Wen Chao said mockingly...

"Wen Gunzi...What you are fixated on is a personal matter between Jin Gunzi and I...I dont think you have any say in it..."
Jiang Yanli said to him sternly...

Wei Ying sighed seeing Jin Zixuan look at Jiang Yanli proudly...
The man was head over heels about Jiang Yanli...
Jiang Cheng gestured towards the two off them and gave him a look that said "what is even happening...?"...

"You haven't given Jin Zixuan any punishment for assaulting me...Instead you are standing here plotting...You all are together in this...joining hands to revolt against the Chief cultivator..."
Wen Chao said looking at Lan Xichen totally ignoring Jiang Yanli's words...

"I would like to stop you right there Wen Gunzi...I have communicated with Chief cultivator, Jin Zongzhu and Jiang Zongzhu regarding the situation...and we are expecting the reply soon..."
Lan Xichen said...
"The punishment that both of you deserve will be metted out after that..."

"I can see through your pretense Lan Zongzhu..."
Wen Chao said mockingly...
"I can see what this is all about...Wait until I inform the Chief cultivator about it..."
He said gesturing to all assembled there...

The tension in the room was so thick...
But then it immediately dissipated away...Lan Xichen had played the calming tune...

Wen Chao stormed off soon after...
And one by one Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan left after bowing to Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren...

"Wei Gunzi...I need to have a word with you and Wanji..."
Lan Xichen said as Wei Ying was about to leave with his Shiji...

Jiang Yanli nodded at him with a smile...

Silence ensued as everybody except Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying left the room...

"Is such a thing even possible...?"
Lan Xichen asked once he put the wards up around the room to prevent anybody from eavesdropping...