Chapter 6 : Tiānzǐ Xiào

Chapter 6
Tiānzǐ Xiào...

(A/N: Tiānzǐ Xiào aka Emperor's Smile...)

"Uncle...I request your permission to leave Cloud recesses to trace other pieces of Yin Metal...Ancestor Yi mentioned that the only way to stop the dark energy of the Yin Metal from spreading is to bring all of it together..."

They had come out of the cold cave a few minutes ago and were found by Lan Xichen and other Lan Sect disciples who had taken the both of them to Lan Qiren..

"Wanji...."
Lan Qiren who was holding Wei Yings wrist checking his pulse looked at Lan Zhan sternly trying to restrain him from mentioning about it infront of an outsider...

"Uncle...I trust Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan said to his uncle...

Wei Ying couldn't help but smile at Lan Zhan hearing that..

Lan Qiren sighed...

"Uncle..."
Lan Zhan called as Lan Qiren let go of Wei Ying's wrist after checking his pulse...

"You were right Wanji...There IS a trace of dark energy in Wei Gunzi's Golden core...I have never seen anything like this before..."
Lan Qiren said standing up...

Wei Ying turned towards Lan Qiren looking at him extra respectfully taking in the fact that the old man was talking to him without
1) spitting blood
2) popping few veins
3) giving him ugly looks
4) looking like he might qi deviate any moment
not to mention the fact that he called him "Wei Gunzi.." instead of his normal WEI WUXIAAAAAANNNNN...

Sweet...
Wei Ying thought cheekily...

"Could it be the presence of the dark energy from Yin Metal when he came in contact with it in the Cold Pond...?"
Lan Xichen asked him...

Lan Qiren closed his eyes as he examined the Yin Metal that they had brought out placed in enchanted Qiankun Bag...

"No...The trace present inside Wei Gunzi's golden core has a different signature...The Yin Metal recognizes Wei Gunzi as the Master of another piece of Yin Metal..."
Lan Qiren said looking at Wei Ying...

Lan Zhan's eyes met with that of Wei Ying's...

"Did you come across any other pieces of Yin Metal by accident, Wei Gunzi...?"
Lan Xichen asked turning towards Wei Ying...

"Brother..."
Lan Zhan started to say but was interrupted by Wei Ying...

"I don't remember coming across one as far as I remember...maybe I stumbled across it when I was a child...?"
Wei Ying asked innocently, apologizing in his mind to Lan Zhan for lying to his brother and uncle...But it wasn't like they could say anything about what really happened...

Lan Xichen nodded...

"It won't be easy to trace the pieces of Yin Metal...especially with the Clan leader Wen looking for it...if we protect the shard here in Cloud recesses..."
He said but was interrupted by Wei Ying...

"Pardon me for overstepping my boundaries Clan Leader Lan...Even if we are unable to track other pieces of Yin Metal... this piece shouldn't remain in Cloud recesses any longer...As the seal has broken at any moment now, if not already, the Wens will be able to trace the Yin Metal here...and it WILL cause catastrophic results..."
Wei Ying said to them...

"Wanji..."
Lan Qiren called his nephew...

Lan Zhan nodded at his uncle who took a deep sigh...

************

"Because of you...just because of you...see what disaster has come to our family...?"
Madam Yu shouted shaking him hard...