Chapter 22 : Spider Flight

Chapter 22
Spider Flight...

"Let's go..."
Wei Ying said to Jiang Cheng...

"Wha...?Whas going on...?"
Jiang Cheng asked sleepily opening his eyes...

"We are leaving..."
Wei Ying said grabbing Jiang Cheng's shoulder bag and throwing it towards him...

"What time is it...?"
Jiang Cheng asked in a grouchy tone as the bag hit his face...
"It's not even morning yet..."
He said looking outside...

"Doesn't matter...We have to go..."
Wei Ying said again grabbing the Jiang Cheng's sword and pushing it into his hands...

"Wei Wuxian...?What's gotten into you...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him...

"I'll tell you everything on the way..."
Wei Ying said to him...

"We can't leave in the middle of the night like this...It's rude..."
Jiang Cheng replied...

"I have already spoken to Chifeng Zun that we are wanted at Yunmeng...He understands that every clan is in danger from Wens...Besides better be rude than be on the bad side of the Wens..."
Wei Ying said to him...

Jiang Cheng stared blankly at Wei Ying hearing his words...

"We need to leave pronto...We don't have much time...The Wens are definitely going to attack in the morning Jiang Cheng...There is no doubt about that..."
Wei Ying said...

"Which is the reason why we can't leave...It's cowardly...We are the one who brought Xueyang here remember...We just can't run away from the consequences of..."
Jiang Cheng said trying to reason...

"It was THEIR decision...We didn't force them about bringing Xueyang here...We brought him here because the Qinghe Nie sect permitted us...Now they have to face the consequences...That's only fair..."
Wei Ying said to him coldly...

"What's wrong with you Wei Wuxian...?You were never like this...You were the type of person who would stand in the front fighting for justice...You were the one who always uplifted the Jiang Sects motto of "Attempting the impossible"...And yet here you are asking me to flee...?"
Jiang Cheng asked a little worried about Wei Ying...

Unlike Wei Wuxian's usual self that liked to show off, Jiang Cheng realized that he just tried to blend in with the background these days...
Like when he let Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan handle capturing of Xueyang...

The Wei Wuxian he knew would never have done that...He would be there in the front using some new tricks to capture showing-off his skills..

But Wei Wing was already worked up about disappointing Lan Zhan and hearing Jiang Cheng's words something snapped...

"There is no pleasing you isnt it...?"
Wei Ying burst out...
"I try to do what's right and you accuse me of being an attention whore who is trying to doom our sect because I want to be a hero...and now when I'm actually thinking about my sect and trying to not catch Wen's attention...and you are saying I'm not uplifting our sects motto...?Make your fcuking mind Jiang Cheng..."
He added angrily...

"Hey...Calm down...I was just asking...What got your undies in twist today...?"
Jiang Cheng asked...
"Wait are you drunk this early...?"
He asked leaning towards Wei Ying...

Wei Ying placed his hand on Jiang Cheng's shoulder stopping him from coming closer...
"It's only 3:30 in the morning..."
Jiang Cheng said exasperated...

"You know what...I'm leaving...You can stay back and fight all you want..."
Wei Ying said and walked out...

Once outside the Unclean Realm Wei Ying had walked for some distance when he stopped...
"I thought you didn't want to flee..."
Wei Ying mouthed out aloud...