Chapter 5: Yin Metal

Chapter 5
Yin Metal

"You go ahead...I will return after sometime..."
Wei Ying said to him...

After Lan Zhan leaves he would have to look for the entrance of the cave...
He would have to look for places where the traces of the Yin Metal is the most...
He thought to himself as he closed his eyes pretending to be meditating...

"Even if you find the entrance to the cave...You would need a Lan to open it..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

Wei Ying opened his eyes to see that Lan Zhan get into the water again...

***************
Soon enough Wei Ying crossed his hands and rubbed on either side of his arms muttering "Cold cold cold..."

"It's so cold..."
Wei Ying said out aloud...

"Mm..."
Lan Zhan agreed...

"Stop moving...you are splashing water..."
He said to Wei Ying softly...

"But if I don't move my blood will clot and I'll freeze to death..."
Wei Ying replied moving closer to where Lan Zhan was...

He half expected the man to move away seeing his advance but to his surprise Lan Zhan stayed still...

"What are you doing...?"
Lan zhan asked him...

"I'm feeling so cold...I thought that water in the area you are standing is a bit warm..."

"Warm hug helped..."
Lan Zhan said with a straight face which made Wei Ying burst out laughing...

"You really are something..."
Wei Ying said out loud still laughing...

"Do you think you will be able to handle the Yin Metal...?"
Lan Zhan asked him...

"Honestly...I don't know...And half of what I heard when I passed out didn't make any sense to me...but one thing is sure what happened today would be a one time thing...I will most probably be able to handle it the next time..."
He had a feeling that he would have to lose his golden core again to fully be able to control the Yin Metal again...

But as far as he was concerned, for Jiang Cheng, he was ready to lose his core 1000 times over...

Lan Zhan kept looking at Wei Ying for sometime before they both went back to searching for the opening...

While searching Wei Ying kept looking occasionally at the man before him...

Right from the time Wei Wuxian had heard Lan Zhan call him Wei Ying as he was losing consciousness, to this moment, there were times where he had felt familiar with Lan Zhan...And he was sure Lan Zhan was feeling the same way too...

If they had any doubts about each other's familiarity with the other, neither of them spoke of it...

They had come to an silent understanding of their own...

There wasn't a need of questioning each other about it...

It was agreed upon non verbally that both of them were given second chances...
Both of them had things they wanted to undo...things they wanted to make right...
And it didn't feel right to pry into it...

But either way Wei Wuxian was happy to have his confidante with him...

The one hand that had reached out to hold him when everybody else where busy trying to stab him...