Chapter 23: System

Chapter 23
System

Wei Ying placed his head on his arms exhausted...Even after everything they had done nothing had changed...Wens had destroyed the Falling Flower Petal House and anhilated the sect...Same happened with Yueyang sect...Wens had attacked Qinghe Nie sect and rescued Xueyang...Soon they would attack Cloud recesses...

If things continue like this...then...
Wei Ying gulped not wanting to remember what happened in the past...

"That was the most stupidest thing I have ever seen..."
He raised his head abruptly when he heard a voice...

"Who is there...?"
Wei Ying asked looking around...

"I was gone for-like a second-and you managed to mess up EVERYTHING..."

Wei Ying pulled out his sword from the sheath...
"SHOW YOURSELF..."
He said pointing his sword...

"Myself...The Wuji System...Remember we met a couple of times..."
Wei Ying turned saw something looking like scroll suspended mid-air moving towards him...

What kind of magical object was this...?

Wei Ying pointed the sword at the screen...
"Who are you and what do you want...?"
He asked...

"I'm the Wuji system that is going to help you with your journey..."

"What's a Wuji System...?"
Wei Ying asked...

"You are kidding right...?Right...?Oh wait... you aren't...?Oh man...You know what... Nevermind...We don't have time...You have to do something...or Lan Wanji will die..."

"Excuse me...?"
Wei Ying asked...

"You...have...to...do...something...soon...or...Lan...Wanji...is...going...to...die..."
The system announced slowly...

"I understood that the first time..."
Wei Ying snapped...
"How can this happen...?If we go by what happened in last life...err...before...He sure would get injured...But...His life shouldn't be in danger right...?"
He asked worried...

"That was before you messed everything up by hiding the Yin metal...The Wens were supposed to get the Yin Metal...They let Lan Wanji off with some injuries because they managed to retrieve the Yin Metal from him..."

"Now because you hid it, they will take out their anger on him...and torture him for the information about it..."

"But...but...They can't do that right...?The Lan Sect and others wouldn't take it easy if such a thing happens to Lan Zhan..."

"Ya think...?What if Wens intercept Lan Wanji even before he reaches Cloud Recesses...?Nobody would know what happened to him...Nobody can say for sure that Wens did something to him...In that case Wens wouldn't be directly incriminated...Besides do you really think they care about what the others think at this point...?"

Wei Ying mumbled panicking...
Lan Zhan can't di...no...no...this wasn't supposed to happen...Lan Zhan...He shouldn't even have been involved in this...He...

"What should I do...?I...Nothing I do is working...I don't know what to do..."
Wei Ying mumbled panicking...

"You have to retrieve the Yin Metal and return it to the Wens..."

"But..."

"If not the alternative is that Lan Wanji will be die..And without him..."

"STOP IT...STOPPP ITT....STOP PLEASE...STOP..."
Wei Ying shouted slashing at the screen...
"STOP...PLEASE..."
He screamed while slashing over and over until his sword fell off of his shivering hands...