Chapter 4: Cold Pond

Chapter 4
Cold pond...

"Jiang Cheng...I think I will turn in early today...I'm feeling a bit worn out..."
Wei Ying said to his brother sometime before the curfew...

"YOU are going to turn in early...?Who are you and What have you done to that annoying Wei Wuxian who slept at 2 and woke up at 10...?"
Jiang Cheng asked looking at him suspiciously...

"Aren't you the one who pulverized my brain into a mushy goo by lecturing that I have to behave...well I'm going to behave...and you will RUE the day you asked me to behave..."
Wei Ying said with a cheeky smile...

Jiang Cheng sticked out his tongue at Wei Ying before taking a few steps...

He stopped and turned...

"Wei Wuxian...You are going to sneak out to get Emperor's smile aren't you...?"
He asked suspiciously...

"No...I'm not...now get out..."
Wei Ying said...

Jiang Cheng took a couple of steps ahead and then stopped again...

Wei Ying sat on the bed in meditation posture and waved at Jiang Cheng...

"What are you doing...?"
Jiang Cheng asked Wei Ying...

"I'm going to meditate..."
Wei Ying replied...

"Meditate...?You...?Dont make me laugh Wei Wuxian...You used to fall asleep within a minute or two when we were asked to meditate..."
Jiang Cheng said to him...

"Yeah...so...?"
Wei Ying asked...

"You are OK right...?"
Jiang Cheng asked Wei Ying...

"I haven't seen you get so much as a cold all these years we have known each other and suddenly you fainted and were unconscious for hours together...and now you are talking about meditating...and is calm and composed...and..."

"Is the Angry Lotus actually worried for me...?"
Wei Ying asked his brother smirking...

"Worried...?Who is worried...?I'm trying to figure out if I would be able to bring back my feifei and Xioabai anytime soon..."
Jiang Cheng said clearing this throat awkwardly...

"Yeah right..."
Wei Ying said with a knowing smile...

"Ergh..."
Jiang Cheng walked out, his cheeks red with embarrassment, closing the door shut with a loud bang...

"It's forbidden to make noise in Cloud Recesses..."
One of the Lan disciples said to him...

Bowing to the disciple Jiang Cheng walked away...

***********

Wei Ying sat on the bed with his eyes closed contemplating what to do now that "system" said that his becoming "Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation" was inevitable...

Which means everything he wanted to avoid would befall once again...

He could try staying out of trouble, draw less attention to himself...
And that way, if at all he has to do crafty tricks then nobody would know that he is the one doing it...
That way people wouldn't go for his loved ones...

Instead of projecting himself to be the prodigy like he did before...He could dumb it down a little...so nobody would feel threatened by him...

Infact this time around he wouldn't try to play the hero and save everybody's hide...Especially knowing what those crooks with double standards did to Wen Qing, Wen Ning, A-Yuan, Granny, Fourth Uncle and all those innocent Wens...