Chapter 16: Rollercoaster

Chapter 16
Rollercoaster

"How do you even manage to write when you are doing handstands...?"
Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan...

Both of them were doing there punishments in the Discipline hall...
"Don't tell me...You have done this a lot, haven't you...?"
Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan with a chuckle...
"Lan Zhan o Lan Zhan...You mischievous fuddy duddy..."

"No wonder you are freakishly strong...In spite of my awesome build I felt like a twig while trying to break free from your hold..."
He added...

Lan Zhan smiled...

"You know...I could get used to seeing you smile..."
Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan beaming...

"So what do you plan to do about the little bunny after this...?"

"I have asked brother about moving to jinshi...since it is in the outskirts of the sect...there won't be any problem with keeping it with me...."

Wei Ying nodded...

Silence prevailed...
Being in the Discipline hall reminded him of the memory that was shown to him by the flower spirit...

The one where Lan Zhan was hit 33 times with the Discipline whip for going against his clan elders...

Was it really something that happened or was it just a memory...?

Wei Ying pep talked himself to ask the one question that he had in mind ever since they encountered the flower spirit...

"Lan Zhan...There is something I wanted to ask you about..."

"Hmm..."

"Nothing..."
Wei Ying said chickening out...

*Silence*

"Lan Zhan..."

"Hmm..."

"Never mind..."

*Silence*

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan called...

"Fine...look...When we were in Falling Flower Petal House encountering the flower spirit..."
Wei Ying said finally...

He felt like Lan Zhan freeze for an instant...But it was gone as soon as it came so Wei Ying couldn't be sure that even happened...

"I was shown a memory..."

"Hmm..."

"I saw...I mean I saw..."
But Wei Ying stopped not wanting to offend Lan Zhan by saying that...

"What was shown was just a memory to mess with our minds Wei Ying...I saw one too...but it was totally different from what had happened in real...I am 100% sure of that...maybe that incident was shown to me because of my regrets..."

"It's better not to dwell on it..."
Lan Zhan added...

"Oh...yeah...ok..."
Wei Ying said to him...

He sighed...

Maybe because he loved Lan Zhan, his mind had conjured up a scenario where Lan Zhan was grieving for him...

*Sigh*

But still why would I even imagine something where Lan Zhan would get so hurt...?

*Silence*

"Lan Zhan...I have completed..."
Wei Ying said after sometime and looked at Lan Zhan who seemed to have finished his long ago...

It almost felt like Lan Zhan had waited for him to finish...?
Wei Ying couldn't help but smile at that thought even when he knew it wouldn't be that...