Chapter 9: Realizations

Chapter 9
Realizations...

(A/N: Wanted to make some variations as I didn't want Wei Ying to know about Lan Zhan's feelings towards him...I thought of letting Wei Ying fall in love with Lan Zhan before coming to know that Lan Zhan has feelings for him too...)

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan arrived at Cloud recesses early morning...
They both were exhausted by the time they reached...
But the classes were about to start in half an hour or so...

Lan Zhan had sent message ahead of them to his brother about their arrival and both Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren were waiting for them...

They informed them about what had happened...
"Are you sure it will be safe at the place you put...?For all we know it could cause havoc everywhere with the amount of dark energies it gets to feed upon...We can't put people in risk to save ourselves..."
Lan Qiren said to them....
"If we can add onto the protection..."

"Old Master...knowing where it is can get you killed or can have worst stuff done to you at the hands of the wens...Being ignorant about the location is the only way you can save yourself, the clan and everyone else from falling victims to Wens machinations..."

Lan Qiren nodded his head sighing as he understood it all too well...

"Wanji...Wei Gunzi...You two continue to keep an eye on the situation...make sure everything is under control...but remember...don't be rash..."
Lan Xichen said with a soft smile...

"We will always be careful brother..."
Lan Zhan promised and Xichen nodded...

"Wei Gunzi...Wanji....You can rest for the day if you want..."

"Clan Leader Lan with all due respect...It will raise many questions if we do that...it's better if we don't bring much attention to ourself..."
Wei Ying said to Lan Xichen politely...

And in the end it was decided that they would attend the classes as decided...

Once the discussion was done patting on Lan Zhan's arms Wei Ying walked out after bidding good bye to Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen...

Lan Qiren went to his room...
Lan Xichen walked towards Lan Zhan who was staring at the path Wei Ying had exited...

"Wanji..."
Lan Xichen called...

"Brother..."

"Wanji...how is the injured baby bunny doing...?is it getting better...?"
Lan Xichen asked the least obvious question, considering the circumstances, about the baby rabbit Lan Zhan had rescued the day before from the clutches of some hunting dogs...

"Yes brother..."
Lan Zhan replied...

"Wanji...I have asked Shufus permission for you to keep it till it recovers..."
Lan Xichen said to him...
"I have also spoken to him about permitting the sect members to keep pets...so that you won't have to give him to someone who lives down the mountain when the little bunny recovers.."
He added...

"At this point I don't even care if he is not there with me in the future brother...All I hope and pray for is for him to be safe...happy...Even if he were to find his happiness with somebody else, I would be happy as long as he is alive..."
Lan Zhan said...
"Even if he is away from my sight...I will be content with the fact that he is there somewhere..."
He said emotionally...

"Wanji...?"
Lan Xichen called Lan Zhan...
"I didn't know you had gotten so attached to the bunny..."
He added...
But even as Lan Xichen said that he knew his little brother was talking about something else altogether...
Or a certain someone...
Xichen looked ahead and saw the closed door his brother was looking at and sighed...